- This photo basically shows four reasons why I can’t have nice things. I see a mustache pillow, I must make faces with it.
- Headed to church with husband and the in-laws on Sunday! We went to Newton, NC (where my husband is from) for the weekend and it was great spending time with family.
- I can’t WAIT to show you guys the before and after of this old dress re-do. Seriously! It turned out SO awesome – this photo doesn’t even do the finished product justice. This is only the beginning!
- Husband and Tater. Be still my heart, I love them.
- Simple things. The other night I was just sitting on the floor, the radio was playing, husband was working on the nursery, the doggies were snuggling and it just felt peaceful.
What was YOUR favorite moment of the week?
How far along: 27 weeks – I’m in the THIRD trimester! AH!
How big is baby: About 2.5 pounds and about 15 inches long (or so)
Weight gain: About 25 pounds
Sleeping: Coming and going. Honestly still not great. I had a HORRIBLE night’s sleep the other night… Once I woke up I just couldn’t go back to sleep.
Food cravings: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Food aversions: None really
Symptoms: Back pain. Headaches. Dizziness.
Miss Anything?: Not really.
Doctor’s appointment: I had my glucose screening test last week and I passed! PHEW! But, I did find out that my iron is low so I’m now on an iron supplement (the explanation for the dizziness). I am now up to seeing my midwife every two weeks! We’re THAT far along!
Wedding Rings: Still on!
Clothes: 95% maternity clothes and I have discovered the beauty of stretchy tops from Target.
Movement: SO MUCH MOVEMENT. This kid is a party animal!
Best moment of the week: Spending time with my husband and in-laws last weekend and husband actually starting on the nursery. SO EXCITING!!
What I’m looking forward to: My first Mother’s Day as a mama-to-be!
What I did / Got for baby: We started on the nursery this week! HUZZAH!
What I learned this week: That if, God forbid, the baby were to be born this week, his/her chances of survival are good and only will continue to be better as the weeks progress. While I want baby to stay in there as long as it needs to, it does feel good knowing that if something were to happen, baby would be okay.
Prayer requests: We received some family news this week that is tough – I don’t want to go into too much detail – but I just ask for prayer for healing for a member of my family. We know that God is the great Healer and that His plans are greater than ours, but the more prayers being lifted up, the better.
“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” -Philippians 1:6