If it’s possible to fall in love with an item of clothing, well, call me guilty. I have.
A few weeks ago I needed very desperately to get out of the house, so I packed Lilly in the car, and we headed to the mall to walk around.
I stopped in Anthropologie (the one where I worked at just four years ago…) and immediately began perusing the sale section. My eyes locked on this yellow lace fabric peeking out from the bottom rack.
I pulled it out and out came this gorgeous yellow, lace tank shirt thing with a fun peplum accent. And, it just so happened to be in my size. It was the LAST ONE!
I ran to the dressing room (with Lilly in tow) to try it on. I put it on and *swoon* – I was in love. I looked at the price tag… $19!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You can’t even buy a bar of soap in Anthropologie for $19.
It was meant to be.
I realize that it may be a “summery” top… but since when have I ever follow traditional fashion or social norms? It’s rare. So why start now?
This is now totally the top I reach for when I need an outfit pick-me-up. I can’t be sad when I’m wearing it.
What about you? Do you have an item of clothing you *LURVE* or is your total pick-me-up?
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly], Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons, and your guest hosts for the week Meagan from Because of Jackie and Jenny from Crumbs Under the Table!
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” -Philippians 1:6