I will say this off the bat – this craft is not my idea. I’ve seen it done before and I had made a mental note to do it when I had a baby.
However, I wanted to personalize it a little more and as I was working on it, I got this brilliant idea that I’m SO EXCITED about.
First I’ll just share how I did this – and this project cost me less than $5!
I will also admit that I was not able to take pictures of it step-by-step because Lilly was extremely wiggly when I put the paint on her feet and I did not want paint all over everything. So you’ll just have to use your imagination.
I took an 11″x14″ blank canvas that I got on sale from Michaels plus the paint supplies you see below…
I put the green paint on a paper towel and rubbed Lilly’s foot (one at a time) in it then placed her foot on the canvas. This was tough. She is a wiggly thing.
Then I let it dry overnight.
Then I just went to town with my paint pens. That was it!
So my idea is – that every year, I will do this with her feet and I will add another portion of the Isaiah 9:6 scripture to the next canvas until I have the whole verse in succession. And, of course, I’ll add other feet of other children if God so blesses us. I imagine it’ll take about six years to complete but how cool will that be when it’s done?!
What crafting projects have you done lately?
Now let me introduce you to one of my awesome blog friends and an awesome giveaway! Have you met Angela of Head to Toe Chic? Angela is one of my blog friends that has turned into one of my in-real-life friends. We met through triFABB and this girl is the real deal. She is so sweet, so funny, and so down to earth! I absolutely ADORE her!
I love her style – she puts together outfits that are so adorable but also really affordable. I love that! She also has an awesome regular post series called The Weekly Steal where she finds an affordable dupe of a high-priced designer awesome. I am in LOVE with these boots from this week’s Weekly Steal!
So, if you love fashion, style, and serious deals – you will LOVE Angela’s blog!
The fabulous Angela is giving away a gift card to my my happy place – TARGET!! That’s right, a $20 gift card to Target is up for grabs for one lucky SBM reader!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] & Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” -Philippians 1:6