Commonly known as “Tea Tree” oil or “Mel-A,” it was used in the 1700s by the indigenous people of Australia to treat cuts, wounds, fungus, and infections.
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly on location or Vita Flex points. Dilution not required, except for on the most sensitive skin (like little ones!).
Aromatic: Inhale directly from the bottle or diffuse.
Safety / Precautions:
- As with all oils, NEVER get an oil in your ears or in your eyes. If you do, do NOT use water to get it out… simply apply a carrier oil to dilute the oil.
18 Uses for Young Living Tea Tree Oil
- Clean feet thoroughly, add oil directly to feet and toenails, and massage
- To promote healthy lung function, massage into chest and throat
- For maintenance of healthy skin, apply directly to desired area(s)
- To ease discomfort from bumps or scrapes, apply directly to desired area(s)
- Add 20 drops to your shampoo (either Young Living or DIY shampoo) for maintenance and prevention of scalp and hair issues
- Add a drop to your oil pulling or mouthwash to help support healthy teeth and gums
- Add a drop to your salt sinus rinse to support healthy sinus function
- Apply a drop directly onto desired areas to prevent and cleanse acne
- Add 10 drops in whipped coconut oil for a soothing skin cream
- Add a few drops to some baking soda, spread on your carpets, let sit, then vacuum up! GREAT natural carpet cleaner!
- Add one drop to vitamin E oil, lip balm, or coconut oil for silky smooth lips!
- Apply to the vita flex points on your feet to support a healthy immune system
- Add a drop AROUND the ear (not in… AROUND) to support healthy ear function
- Add a few drops to homemade hand soap
- Add a few drops to homemade cleaner
- Add a few drops to an epsom salt bath to relax at the end of a strenuous day
- Add a drop to your toothbrush to clean it!
- Add a few drops to warm / hot water and gargle to support a healthy mouth and throat (don’t burn yourself!)
So there you have it! 18 AWESOME uses for Young Living Tea Tree oil!
Mel-A is one of the “Everyday Oils” that comes in the Premium Starter Kit when you sign up as a wholesale member with Young Living. If you are interested in getting started, you can do so here!
What is YOUR favorite way to use Young Living Tea Tree Oil?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA… this is all meant for informational purposes only! None of this information is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**My sources are the Essential Oils Pocket Reference Guide, Desk Reference Guide, Essential Oils Starter Guide, as well as other published information.
***I do not recommend ingesting any essential oil brand other than Young Living essential oils due to their therapeutic properties and farming practices.
Looking to get started with essential oils? Visit my essential oils page for more information on how!