Let’s be honest here… with a toddler and a husband and two dogs in our house, I am constantly cleaning up dirt and messes. #AlwaysBeCleanin’
Once Lilly was born, I was vary aware of the nasty-ness that is in so many store-bought household cleaners. I would always get a headache when cleaning my bathroom and I just knew that there’s no way the fumes from this stuff could be good for me (or my family).
When I got started on my journey with Young Living, I quickly learned about Thieves Household Cleaner… and then quickly became a BELIEVER. This stuff is AMAZZZZZZING and I want to share with you guys all about it today!
What IS Thieves Household Cleaner, exactly?
I realize this might sound a little crazy, but Thieves Household Cleaner is SERIOUSLY an all-in-one… natural cleaner that’s non-toxic, yet INSANELY effective.
It’s made with 100% plant- and mineral-based ingredients, including:
- Vegetable-based surfactants like alkyl polyglucoside that are compliant with Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards
- Biodegradable cutting agents like sodium methyl 2-sulfolaurate and disodium 2-sulfolaurate from renewable sources (both ingredients rated 0 on a 10 point scale on the Environmental Working Group’s health hazard score – which is the best score possible)
- Therapeutic-grade Thieves and Lemon essential oils (the highest quality and purity essential oils) that are amazing for natural cleaning
It’s not just non-toxic, effective, AND natural… it’s also going to save you MONEY. It’s economical!
Thieves Household Cleaner is LITERALLY the last cleaning product you will EVER have to buy. Ever. We have ONE household cleaner in our house now… You don’t have to make trips to multiple stores or order from multiple online sources for multiple cleaners for this or that or the other thing. Thieves Cleaner is an all-in-one cleaning product that will replace most of your household cleaners.
Thieves Cleaner is a concentrate. For most all-purpose cleaning, you want to dilute 30 parts of water to 1 part of Thieves Household Cleaner. To break it down for you, that one 64 oz bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate equals out to about 128 all-purpose spray bottles (at 25-30 oz. each) for about 88 cents a bottle. That’s WAY cheaper than most all-natural cleaners on the market.
BUT, there’s a way you can save even MORE money by becoming a wholesale member with Young Living. With a wholesale membership, you’ll pay just 67 cents a bottle and get wholesale pricing on all Young Living essential oils, cleaning products, vitamins, supplements, personal care products and all that good stuff.
They even have a Thieves Premium Starter Kit that is an AWESOME option for getting started with natural and non-toxic safe household products (including Thieves Household Cleaner!)
Let’s Talk Dilution Ratios:
- All-purpose cleaning – 30 parts water to 1 part of Thieves Cleaner
- Heaving degreasing – 15 parts water to 2 part Thieves Household Cleaner
- Light degreasing – 60 parts water to 1 part Thieves Household Cleaner
- Glass and windows – 50-100 parts water to 1 part Thieves Household Cleaner
For reference, in a 25oz. industrial spray bottle, I use 1-2 capfuls of Thieves Household Cleaner and then fill the rest with water. I find this is a great ratio!
40 Uses for Thieves Cleaner:
- Make your own foaming hand soap.
- In an empty foaming hand soap container, fill 1/4 way full with Liquid Castile Soap. Add in one capful of Thieves Household Cleaner. Fill the rest with water!
- Make your own liquid dish soap.
- Clean your windows (streak free!)
- Clean your mirrors (streak free!)
- Clean your countertops (granite countertops, too!)
- Clean your sinks
- Make an effective grout cleaner!
- Mix 1-2 capfuls of THC with baking soda to make a paste. Put the paste on any dirty grout or similar areas, let it sit, then wipe away.
- Clean your showers / tubs
- Clean your toilets! (I just spray right in the toilet and scrub away!)
- Add one capful to your laundry cycle for a boost
- Use as a spot treatment spray on stained clothes
- Use 1 capful of THC to 4-6 cups of water in a spray bottle for spot treatment
- Use as a carpet cleaner
- Clean out your refrigerator
- Clean stove tops
- Clean your oven
- Clean stainless steel appliances
- Clean out the inside of the microwave
- PRO TIP: To best clean the interior of a microwave, fill a microwave safe container with 2 cups of water. Place in microwave and heat for 5-10 minutes. The steam will make it easy to clean up caked on food.
- Clean your floors
- I usually just take water on a mop or microfiber mop and spray THC on the floor that I’m mopping. A light mist works great!
- Works on linoleum, hardwood floors, faux wood, tile, etc.
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean inside cupboards
- Clean inside drawers
- Make a wood surface cleaner
- Mix 1 capful of Thieves Cleaner with about 1 cup of olive oil (if you want, add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil to give it a boost and extra lemon scent). Then, wipe down wooden cabinets, tables and all the other wooden furniture in your home to clean surfaces. I would NOT use this on wood floors.
- Clean your garbage cans
- Use the light degreasing ratio for cleaning walls, outlets and vents
- Add a boost to your dishwasher
- Add one capful of THC to the bottom of your dishwasher before a load
- Clean your pots and pans
- Clean all those baby and kiddo toys
- For the REALLY dirty ones, I love to soak them in a tub with water and THC (works great for legos, especially!)
- Exercise equipment
- Weights, Yoga mats, exercise balls, etc.
- Make an on-the-go hand cleaner and purifier
- In a small, portable spray bottle, add 1/2 capful of THC and fill the rest with water. Shake well before each use.
- Clean dirty fabrics
- Always do a spot test before cleaning an entire area
- Clean your washing machine
- Run a “clean” cycle or a hot cycle and add in one capful of THC to clean your machine and make it smelling nice again!
- Clean mantles and fireplaces
- Clean blinds and shades
- Wash your car!
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of THC to a bucket of water and wash your car
- Clean old picture frames
- Clean kitchen tables and chairs
- Clean couches and cushions
- Again, always do a spot test before you work on a large surface
- Clean dirty water tables
- I realize this is specific, but I got my daughter a used water table last week and it was filthy… Thieves Household Cleaner made it like new again!
- Add to a power washer to clean vinyl siding
- Use as a fruit and veggie wash! Yep, clean your produce!
That’s only 40 of the BAJILLION WAYS (okay, maybe that’s a little bit of an exaggeration) to use Thieves Household Cleaner. Did you learn a new way today? What’s your favorite way to use it? Have you tried it before? Will you?
Want to know how to get $30 off your PREMIUM STARTER KIT with Young Living? The Premium Starter Kits (PSK) are on SALE right now! ($10 off for new members and 10% off for current members!) PLUS, I’m giving you $20 BACK on your purchase of a PSK!
Get started this JULY with a Premium Starter Kit and improve your overall health and wellness! Now is the time to get your family healthy and start getting RID of toxins in your HOME!! This is ONLY available this month!
Here is the DEAL!
- You get a lifetime wholesale membership and discount of 24%!! (Plus, it’s $10 off right now!!!)
- You get 11 oils
- You will receive the coveted and amazing dewdrop diffuser (or you can select another diffuser of your choice)
- I will give you resource materials to help you learn more about using your oils and other wonderful oily resources!
- I will GIVE you a $20 CASH back, a $20 product credit to Young Living, OR a $20 gift card to Amazon.com!
- You will have ALL the support of our awesome team!!
Looking to get started with essential oils? Visit my essential oils page for more information on how!