Business with Purpose Celebrates 300 Episodes!
Click a timestamp below to be taken to the exact spot in the episode…
Oh my goodness, it’s EPISODE 300!!! I can’t believe we have made it to 300 episodes! Normally, each week I sit down with an incredible entrepreneur, business owner, community leader, activist, author or speaker, and I find out their story and how they are using their gifts to change the world.
But today is a big deal. I started this podcast in summer 2016, nearly six years ago. I never believed I would have made it this far. In honor of episode 300, I am answering listener questions, my husband joins as a special guest, we go over the top 10 most popular episodes and we honor a previous guest who has passed away.
5:42 – Question about ethical fashion
- Natasha asks: “When I was first learning about ethical fashion and what it means at the ripe age of 29 … I was telling my stepmom of its importance and how most garment workers aren’t paid a living wage from fast fashion companies. I mentioned I was going to stop shopping at those companies, and she said to me, ‘But don’t those people needs jobs, too?’ I was a bit flabbergasted and to this day don’t have a one sentence response. How would you answer that?”
9:52 – Two unaired episodes
- Mary asks: “Have you ever not aired a conversation?”
- Yes, there are two episodes that have never aired, and I explain why in the podcast.
13:16 – Coolest experience
- Carly asks: “What’s one of the coolest things you’ve been able to do because of this podcast?”
14:55 – Favorite Australian food
- Sarah Ann asks: “What is your favorite Australian food?”
- Shout out to Sarah Ann, because she is one of the most encouraging listeners and even sent me a care package.
16:46 – Message from Sarah Ann
- “Thank you, Molly, for letting us into your family life and being the big sister that I never had.”
17:19 – Thank you, MamaSuds
- MamaSuds has been a wonderful partner to work with. If you’ve listened to this show, you know how much I love MamaSuds.
19:01 – Welcome, John!
- My husband John joins us for this part of the podcast, and he is my most requested guest.
23:25 – What does John love most about my job?
- Christy asks John: “What do you love most about Molly’s job or what she does for a living?”
- John shares a funny story about jury duty and how he panicked when asked about my job.
26:10 – Favorite part of homesteading
- Cheryl Dunn asks: “What is your favorite part of homesteading?”
- Survival is not the answer, but there is a lot that we love.
27:51 – How to get finances in order
- Maria J. asks: “I know your husband is a financial advisor … I feel really overwhelmed with where to start with getting my overall finances in order. Where do I begin? Financial Peace? Total Money Makeover? Or should I just look somewhere else?
29:54 – John’s favorite interviews
- Kelly R. asks John: “Do you have an interview that Molly has done that sticks out to you as one of your personal favorites?”
31:31 – Best marriage advice
- Bethany M. asks: “What is the best piece of marriage advice that someone has given you? And what is the best piece of marriage advice you would give someone else?”
- John doesn’t think people give good marriage advice.
32:57 – How is Molly different?
- Tara L. asks: “How is Molly the most different today than when you first married her?
34:35 – Honoring a former guest
- Eric Erdman was a guest in April 2020 on episode 191 and passed away a few months later. He had cancer and started an organization called Give a Child a Voice.
35:45 – Top 10 most popular episodes
I am just overwhelmed right now, thinking about this episode and what it means. – Molly
My goal each and every week is to just serve you with this show and to encourage you. – Molly
I like knowing how to butcher chickens. Two years ago, I didn’t know how to butcher a chicken. – John
Know what you’re spending and know how much you’re bringing in. Spend a couple months just tracking your expenses. – John
I feel like people don’t necessarily give great marriage advice. – John
Thank you to our partner of the show!
Are you looking to clean up your household cleaning products this year? MamaSuds would like to help! The best way is to simply start with one product. Every time you run out of a specific cleaning product, replace it with a non-toxic one. Another tip, purchase a product that has multiple uses. The MamaSuds Collection has many multiple use products (castile soap or the toilet bombs are just a few!). Their blog has lots of great tips and a castile soap recipe that you can print and make a lot of your own effective cleaners! Give them a try at www.mamasuds.com and don’t forget to use the coupon code MOLLY for 15% off your order!