Hey! I’m Molly!
Welcome to this here blog of mine. Now that you’re here, I thought I’d share a little bit about me. I mean, why not?
This mission of Still Being Molly is simple.
This is a life and style blog that exists to inspire women to walk joyfully and confidently in purpose, and to know that they were created with a purpose for a purpose.
In case you’re wondering, I write about fashion and beauty stuffs, I share some of my favorite recipes, my [obsession with] essential oils, home decor inspiration, and I even write about MONEY. Yes, money… how to save it, spend it, get out of debt, and more. But most of all, I love writing about and sharing little personal glimpses of my life. I also will probably post a lot of pictures of my cute kids. You’ve been warned.
I am married to this super hunky guy named John.
We were married on February 18th, 2012. You can see pictures here.
photo by Katelyn James Photography
Photo by Annamarie Akins Photography
We have two fur babies.
Tater (left) and Audrey Hepburn (right). Tater is a pitbull cattle dog mix. People always mistake her for a boy dog. She enjoys chewing things, going through the recycling bin, chasing squirrels, snuggles, and naps. Audrey Hepburn is a cavalier king Charles spaniel. She enjoys barking at nothing, having a stinky face, sliding on the floor, snuggles, and naps.
And this is our first human baby, Lilly.
She’s pretty much the cutest thing to ever walk the planet. She was born August 18th, 2013 at 4:24am. She enjoys pacis, her elephant, mommy and daddy, our dogs, swinging, and giggles. You can read her birth story here!
This is the video we made to announce our first pregnancy!
And this is our second human baby, Amos.
He’s awesome. He was born February 19th, 2016 at 8:41am and he weighed 6lbs 13oz. He’s our little peanut and we love him. Right now his likes include sleeping, eating, and filling up his diaper. His dislikes include diaper changes, baths, and being naked.
This is the movie trailer we made to announce the pregnancy!
Want to hear my testimony? Watch this here:
Here are some things that I subscribe to and believe to be fact:
- Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and without Him, I am nothing.
- Chipotle burritos are a gourmet delicacy. Nothing bad happens at Chipotle.
- Diet Coke is the most delicious drink on the planet – however, I am, admittedly, cutting back on my DC intake.
- I believe in purchasing with a purpose.
- I believe the greatest joys in life can come from serving others and thinking of others as greater than yourself. I try to live that belief out every day.
- Quatrefoils are the greatest shape on the planet – way better than rhombuses.
- Graffiti (when done well) is awesome – I’m not talking about gang tags, you guys. I’m talking about really awesome graffiti art. I wish I could do it myself.
- While I love being a red-blooded American, a large portion of my heart is in Africa. More specifically Kenya. And even more specifically, a little village called Kiria in Kenya. I’ve been twice and dream of the day I can go back.
- I believe all conflicts can be solved over a cup of froyo.
- I root for: The North Carolina Tar Heels, The Cleveland Browns, The Cleveland Indians, and sometimes The Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron, FTW).
- I am a graduate of Christopher Newport University and I am a proud LIFE LONG member of Phi Mu Fraternity. #captainforlife
- Nothing relaxes me like a bubble bath, some candles, and an Audrey Hepburn movie.
- I do not, and will never, take myself too seriously.
- I laugh a lot. Probably too much. Nah, you can never laugh too much.
- I take a lot of pictures. And I post most of those pictures here.
Who takes your photos? My dear friend Em Grey Photography takes the majority of my style post images. She’s the best. I take all of the other photos on my blog.
What kind of camera do you use? I shoot with a Nikon D7000 and a 35mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4 lens. I shoot exclusively in manual and I really enjoy photography! It’s a passion of mine and you can check out some of my work here.
I like your pictures, are you available for hire? I am! Just shoot me an email and we can talk!
Where do you live? I live in Durham, North Carolina
What church do you go to? I go to newhope church in Durham!