How do you approach tragedy? What do you do when the bad things come in life? How do you handle pain, sorrow, and sadness? Today’s guest used a period of suffering to make herself better, give herself strength to carry on, and inspire others to do the same. Nancy Solari is the founder, creator, and host of Living Full Out. She wants to encourage you to overcome disappointments and strive for your goals. This is her unique story.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
Things You Don’t Want To Miss:
2:31 – The Nancy 101
- When Nancy was ten, she experienced domestic violence and her parents’ divorce. She watched as her sisters combatted that experience with eating disorders, and her mother subsequently developed breast cancer. It was a lot to take in at such a young age.
- At 16, Nancy was diagnosed with a condition that causes blindness. It’s called Retinitis pigmentosa (RP). There’s no cure for this ailment, and she’s been diagnosed as legally blind. Nancy explains she didn’t want to surrender her life to this diagnosis.
- Nancy went to the University of Oregon where she received degrees in broadcasting and psychology. She wanted to combine those passions and find her way in broadcasting. Along her journey, she even tried her hand at careers in music and real estate.
- In 2008, Nancy created Living Full Out. She wanted to help people overcome their obstacles and challenges in life.
13:01 – Dealing With Tragedy
- As you go through tragedy, you have to decide whether you’ll learn from tragedy or let it define you.
- Nancy encourages her audiences to think of destiny as a magnet. You’re going to be what you were meant to be, and you can’t let periods of suffering or other distractions pull you off course.
- Don’t be afraid to make changes. You have this idea of what you think your life should look like. Don’t be hindered by that.
15:11 – A Rare Gift
- Nancy jokingly suggests she and her sisters are the “Three Blind Mice.” All three were diagnosed with the same ailment around the same age.
- Nancy sees her illness as a gift. As she meets new people, her blindness allows her to connect with them in ways she wouldn’t otherwise be able to experience.
20:35 – A Foray Into Music
- Nancy shares her experience in the music industry. It’s a tough industry to work your way into, and if you’re not careful, you can get chewed up by it.
- People will try anything to get ahead. She shares the shocking story of a manager who tried to get her to break her ribs in order to change her appearance.
23:53 – “Man Plans, And God Laughs”
- We hold our plans tightly, but sometimes life takes us in a different direction. Life is like a book. It has different chapters, and each chapter has a purpose.
- Don’t take life too seriously. Don’t be so glued to a particular chapter that you miss out on the larger story.
27:10 – An Evolving Vision
- Nancy started out putting her career before her family. She was committed to building her career. However, she modified her dreams in order to let her life evolve.
- Sometimes, we need to give ourselves a dose of reality. Don’t let go of your dreams, but allow your life to continue into the future. Find the vision for your future.
- Currently, Nancy is developing a call-in element to her show. She wants her wisdom to become more accessible to her guests. She’s also in the process of writing a book.
Getting To Know Our Guest:
- 33:30 – Among other things, Nancy shares with us her spirit animal, an unusual talent, and her love for tacos.
A Memorable Moment:
Meet Your Guest:
Nancy Solari is the founder, creator, and host of Living Full Out. She’s an authentic and successful example of how you can live the life you want with an empowered and positive mindset. Nancy is no stranger to adversity. Growing up, she was exposed to the pain of domestic violence, divorce, and retinitis pigmentosa, an eye disease that causes blindness. Rather than letting this news as well as her painful past dissuade her from following her dreams, Nancy chose to persevere and is now a guide to those who also want to overcome their obstacles. Nancy finds herself sharing her tools for success with audiences and groups all over the country.
YouTube: Living Full Out
Pinterest: Living Full Out
Linkedin: Nancy Solari
Your Host: Molly Stillman
Podcast Instagram: @businesswithpurposepodcast
Podcast Facebook: @businesswithpurposepodcast
Click To Subscribe To The “Business With Purpose” Podcast: