Did you know that nearly 703 million people around the world are blind… simply due to lack of access to glasses. That’s 703 million people who are blind but that blindness could have been easily prevented if one person, or a group of people stepped in and helped. Well…my guest today is doing just that..
My guest this week is Dr. Travis Zigler, the founder of Eye Love, an eye wellness company with a mission to end preventable blindness. Along with his wife, Jenna, they continue to work part time in optometry and build Eye Love with the goal of eventually opening free clinics in the US and abroad. This was an INCREDIBLE conversation and I can’t wait for you to hear it!
About Dr. Travis Zigler:
Dr. Travis Zigler graduated in 2010 from The Ohio State University College of Optometry with Magna Cum Laude honors. He is the founder of Eye Love, https://eyelovethesun.com, whose mission is to end preventable blindness. Dr. Travis and his wife, Dr. Jenna Zigler, use the profits from Eye Love to fund free and low cost clinics in Jamaica. They also started a charity called the Eye Love Cares Foundation, https://eyelovecares.org, which provides exams, glasses and sunglasses for those in need, free education, and scholarships for students that align with their mission. Previously, Dr. Travis and Dr. Jenna owned two optometry practices, which they sold in 2017 to focus on their online efforts. Dr. Travis enjoys traveling to Jamaica, training for marathons, and playing the ukulele while he drinks his morning coffee (French press… mmmm).
Travis’s favorite quote: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Ghandi
Eye Love’s long-term mission/vision
A portion of profits from Eye Love sales is donated to the Eye Love Cares Foundation and funds are then used to provide glasses, sunglasses, and eye exams for those who cannot afford to obtain proper eyecare. In the future, the Foundation will be used to fund permanent free and low cost clinics in both the US and Jamaica, and it is our goal to also provide optometry scholarships for students who have an interest in eyecare mission work.
- Eye Love: https://eyelovethesun.com/
- Eye Love Cares Foundation: https://eyelovecares.org
- Eye Love’s Vision Vision / Mission: https://eyelovethesun.com/pages/2019-vivid-vision-for-eye-love
- Eye Love Shop: https://eyelovethesun.com/collections/all
Eye Love on Amazon
- Sunglasses: https://amzn.to/2HoChFd
- Blue Blockers: https://amzn.to/2IFgVm5
- Dry Eye Products: https://amzn.to/2EBqTmo
Special thanks to CAUSEBOX for sponsoring this week’s Count Me In podcast. Use coupon code MOLLY for $15 off!
Join my Purchase with Purpose Facebook group and let’s continue the conversation! https://www.facebook.com/groups/purchasewithpurpose/
Subscribe to the Business with Purpose podcast (and I’d love it if you left a review** on iTunes!)
- Subscribe on iTunes**
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Radio Public
- Subscribe via Podcast RSS Feed
**Want to know how to leave a review of the Business with Purpose Podcast on iTunes from your iPhone or iPad?
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter “Business with Purpose“
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the Blue album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.