I am so excited to be joined by Christa Hardin this week, founder of Reflections Counseling Center and the host of the immensely popular Enneagram and Marriage podcast, which has over a million downloads. For over two decades, Christa has been helping couples find renewal and happiness together. Utilizing the Enneagram, alongside other research-based marriage tools, she works to offer couples a deeper understanding of their unique strengths and shadows.
This episode brings a powerful exploration of how our individual personalities influence our ability to communicate in relationships. We’ll also dive into the exciting release of Christa’s new book, “The Enneagram in Marriage: Your Guide to Thriving Together in Your Unique Pairing,” which is set to hit the shelves this month.
4:02 – Christa 101
- A calling to working with couples
- Using the Enneagram as a tool in counseling
- “You shine brighter in the world when your gifts are in harmony together”
18:43 – Understanding your spouse
- The 9 types of Enneagram personalities
- Seeking out how to love each other
- Express what you’re learning about yourself
28:42 – Relationship dynamics through the Enneagram
- Working with couples of different Enneagram types
- Recognizing strengths and shadows within a relationship
- Bringing your unique gifts to the table
35:40 – Some common enneagram parings
- Enneagram 1 and 3
- Enneagram 8 and 9
- Marriage as a marathon, not a sprint
41:46 – Using the enneagram to learn about yourself
- Starting generous conversations
- Date nights each week
- Christa’s new book coming out October 3rd, 2023
You shine brighter in the world when your gifts are in harmony together.
By looking at the way our spouse sees the world differently, we do become more expansive.
There’s these little cues you can start giving to your spouse as you come to know your personality.
Jesse Eubanks show: https://www.stillbeingmolly.com/podcast/jesse-eubanks-332/
Ian Morgan Cron show: https://www.stillbeingmolly.com/podcast/enneagram-ian-morgan-cron/