Welcome to Episode 350! I can’t believe we’re here. I’m coming up on 7 years in podcasting, which is incredible, and I’ve had the chance to talk with so many amazing people.
Every 10 episodes I do a solo show. And it’s really just me! No team. No people sitting nearby. Just me sitting by myself at my desk in my office/recording studio. I wanted to do something fun for this episode, so we’re doing a “Get to know me” show.
2:02 – Get to know me
- Back in high school, I created my own website on GeoCities. People used to share fun “get to know me” info.
- Let’s jump into some questions you have about me!
5:11 – Am I named after anyone?
- No, I’m not named after anyone. My name is Irish. My parents always wanted to have a girl named Molly.
5:33 – Do I have kids?
- Yes, Lily and Amos. And two boys, Elijah and Malachi, who went to Heaven during pregnancy.
- I always wanted 5 kids, so I adopt my friends’ kids.
6:03 – Last time I cried?
- I cry all the time. I’m a sympathy crier.
7:01 – Do I use sarcasm?
- Not as much as my husband.
7:34 – What I first notice about people?
- What they’re wearing and if I think they’re real or phony.
8:43 – Scary movie or happy endings?
- Hard pass on scary movies.
9:09 – Favorite smells?
- Flowers – roses and peonies. Also, the smell of my house, especially my bed and sheets. Is that strange?
11:14 – Hobbies
- Playing guitar and reading, if I have time. Also, anything farming.
- I have several “granny habits,” like canning, cooking and food preservation.
12:54 – What did I want to be when I grew up?
- I wanted to be on Saturday Night Live. Seriously, that was my dream.
13:56 – How tall am I?
- I’m 5’3” on a good day!
14:48 – Favorite and worst subjects in high school?
- Loved writing, hated math.
16:07 – Favorite childhood memory
- When my mom took my friends and me to see NSYNC in concert.
18:24 – Extrovert or introvert?
- I’m an introvert … really! I just love my alone time. That’s how I recharge.
20:02 – Am I a good cook?
- Yes! I love to cook.
21:02 – Where would I love to live?
- Right where I am.
22:43 – First movie I saw
- The Wizard of Oz. I was obsessed with it.
23:02 – One word that describes me
23:56 – Something that amazes me
- Living on the farm and seeing life happen around me.
I love doing this podcast. I get to sit down with so many cool people.
I cry all the time. I’m a sympathy crier.
Do I use sarcasm? Not as much as my husband.
I have developed what I call “granny habits” over the last couple of years. I really like to can and cook and do food preserving.