Click a timestamp below to be taken to the exact spot in the episode…
My guest this week is Megan Hyatt Miller. She is the President and Chief Executive Officer at Michael Hyatt & Company and the co-host of the popular business podcast, Lead to Win. She is also Michael’s oldest daughter.
As the architect of Michael Hyatt & Company’s standout culture, she is committed to helping her team win at work and succeed at life, while also delivering phenomenal results to their customers.
Under her leadership, Michael Hyatt & Company was named as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, which ranks the top companies in America for their employee engagement.
When she’s not taking the company to new heights, she’s fully present at home with her husband Joel and five kids in Franklin, Tenn.
4:55 – Megan 101
- Her dad started the performance coaching business in 2011, and she joined in 2012.
- Megan thought she wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, but she was going stir crazy and decided to join her dad in the business.
8:18 – The double win
- This concept of the double win comes out of her dad’s and her personal experience. Her dad was a workaholic and hit a wall in his 40s.
- They wrote a book to explain how they make succeeding at work and in life possible.
11:27 – Work-life balance
- Women are always asked about work-life balance, but men rarely are.
- Men have been conditioned that it’s not OK to bring their personal life into work.
14:20 – Negotiating as a couple
- Men and women should be co-CEOs of the family and create equal distribution of labor.
- You need to establish your non-negotiables in three categories – self-care, relational priorities and professional results
28:03 – Hustle culture
- Women have been sold this lie that we can do it all if only we’re somehow smart enough or good enough, and it just leaves us feeling crummy.
44:12 – Get to know you
- Guilty pleasure? Magazines and Netflix alone in my bedroom
“This concept of the double win comes out of my dad’s and my personal experience.” – Megan
“Men have been conditioned that it’s not OK to bring their personal life into work.” – Megan
“Women have been sold this lie that we can do it all if only we’re somehow smart enough or good enough, and it just leaves us feeling crummy.” – Megan
Thank you to our partners of the show:
It’s time for a SPRING CLEAN REFRESH! Let’s get that home sparkling, the safe way with MamaSuds!
Castile soap is the superhero of soaps, it really does it all- from the windows to the walls! It’s truly the only soap you need. What can you do with MamaSuds Castile Soap? Clean the floors, scrub the counters, bathtubs and tile, clean the baseboards, the windows and the blinds, you can even use it to clean the carpets! Grab a gallon of MamaSuds Castile Soap and start tackling all of your Spring Cleaning to-do’s at www.mamasuds.com and use code MOLLY for 15% off your order!
I’d like to introduce you to Deux Mains. In French, Deux Mains means two hands. Why ‘two-hands’? Because everything they create is made by trained artisans who use their two hands to make their life better while crafting beautiful products.
Truly, this is a company that set out to change lives and make a positive impact in the world. It started when the founder, Julie, wanted to create dignified jobs in Haiti, a place she was growing to love, and that was exploding with creativity. She wanted to share this talent with the world.
Julie set up an educational program to train people with artisan skills and then went on to build a factory that operates on 100% solar energy. Deux Mains now employs more than 40 artisans that handcraft premium leather goods, jewelry and sandals. Their lives are forever changed by their craft.
What’s also cool is their products incorporate an eco-friendly twist, working with responsibly sourced materials and repurposed inner-tube and tires in their designs.
When you buy from Deux Mains, you get to be part of a movement that is making a difference in the world, while adding an incredibly well-made piece to your closet that supports conscious living!
You can discover their products online at deuxmains.com.