Using Your Unique Gifts to Serve Others | Business with Purpose Podcast EP 306: Paige Allen
Click a timestamp below to be taken to the exact spot in the episode…
My guest today is Paige Allen, a pastor, a speaker and writer. She’s passionate about opening doors for others to have “a-ha” moments in scripture. Paige is known for her sometimes-hilarious yet vulnerable storytelling that disarms in order for truth to settle in hearts.
Paige grew up as a pastor’s kid, and although she thought she would try and stay away from vocational ministry, she’s now served on the same church staff wearing multiple hats for more than 17 years.
Currently, Paige serves as executive pastor at Church on the Rock in Lubbock, Texas, where she preaches often, leads the staff, gives oversight to global missions and The New Legacy Home for Women.
She also leads a thriving women’s ministry and co-hosts the Bloom Talks podcast, where unknown but remarkable women tell their stories of God’s faithfulness.
5:03 – Paige 101
- She lives in the Texas panhandle with her husband and two daughters, 12 and 10.
- Her father started the church where Paige works now.
8:25 – Power of naming
- There is power in giving names to things.
- People often live up to their names.
- Names are powerful, because they speak identity over us.
17:14 – Upcoming book
- Paige is working on a book that will come out in 2023.
- She is fascinated by stories of women in the Bible whose names we don’t know.
25:23 – Women in ministry
- When Paige was 14, she felt called to preach and share God with others.
- A man she knew told her she was a woman and would be better as a counselor.
- Paige put her dreams of preaching on the backburner but still had the dream inside her.
38:30 – Using her gifts
- Paige uses her gifts to glorify God and serve Him.
- There is power in seeing someone who looks like you do something you love.
- Find out what doors are open for you and focus on those.
- When you get to know people’s stories, you feel connected to them.
46:54 – Get to know you
- Favorite meal? Mexican food
- Something we’d never guess about her? She cross-stitches
You don’t have to have a massive Instagram following or be on a stage or whatever. Jesus sees you.
Jesus shines a spotlight on you, and he cares about all of those things that are precious to our heart.
I love learning from the experts, but I also love learning from the people right next to us.
Thank you to our partners of the show!
Are you looking to clean up your household cleaning products this year? MamaSuds would like to help! The best way is to simply start with one product. Every time you run out of a specific cleaning product, replace it with a non-toxic one. Another tip, purchase a product that has multiple uses. The MamaSuds Collection has many multiple use products (castile soap or the toilet bombs are just a few!). Their blog has lots of great tips and a castile soap recipe that you can print and make a lot of your own effective cleaners! Give them a try at www.mamasuds.com and don’t forget to use the coupon code MOLLY for 15% off your order!
I’d like to thank our other partner of the show and that’s Tradlands. Tradlands is an INCREDIBLE sustainable fashion brand that believes in clothing that you can live in NOW and love forever. Clothing that not only makes you feel like your best self, but also fits in a way that flatters. Their gorgeous dresses, pants, tops, and more are designed to move with you throughout your busy days. Their Nico dress is my dress in a love language —not only does it have sleeves, but also POCKETS and you know how I feel about dresses with pockets. I love how comfortable and stylish each piece – and they come in colors like classic neutrals or vibrant hues. One of the things I love most about Tradlands is their focus on sustainability and creating small batch clothing that lasts… they never over produce what they make and focus on only the highest quality materials. And you know how much I love supporting small businesses, too. Check them out at https://tradlands.com/businesswithpurpose and use the code MOLLY20 for 20% off!