My guest this week is Ruth Chou Simons, is a Wall Street Journal bestselling and award-winning author of several books and Bible studies, including GraceLaced, Beholding and Becoming, and When Strivings Cease.
She is an artist, entrepreneur, and speaker, using each of her platforms to spiritually sow the Word of God into people’s hearts. Through her online shop at GraceLaced.com and her social media community, Simons shares her journey of God’s grace intersecting daily life with word and art. Ruth and her husband, Troy, are parents to six boys.
Her newest book is, “Pilgrim: 25 Ways God’s Character Leads Us Onward.” You are going to love today’s conversation!
6:38 – Ruth 101
- GraceLaced.com started as a blog. She wanted to write about God’s grace.
- In one decade, she had six boys, started a school and started a church.
- Her boys are ages 10 to 21.
12:00 – Your unique gifts
- Use your unique gifts for the glory of God.
- Ruth loves writing and coloring and painting.
- Be creative in how you will use your unique giftings for God’s glory.
15:59 – Read your Bible
- Read your Bible. Soak it up.
- It takes practice to get the rhythm of quieting your heart to hear God’s word.
23:23 – Pilgrim
- Ruth’s new book, Pilgrim, is a devotional style book with shorter readings.
- The book includes Biblical truths and attributes.
29:08 – Remember God’s character
- We need to remember God’s character when we’re in the wilderness.
- When we’re on a journey, we won’t always know why things happen.
34:20 – Go deeper
- Go deeper in your walk with the Lord. He will lead you on your journey.
37:34 – The unknowns
- Ruth has been in seasons of unknowns, not knowing how God was going to provide.
- When you go through major life transitions, every season brings questions you don’t have answers to. And that’s ok.
- We’re all headed to one destination – and that’s to see our Savior face-to-face.
We had six boys, started a school and started a church – all in the same decade. And it was a lot.
I’ve always been someone who sketches and draws. All along, I’ve always known I was artsy.
The truth is, I’m not the most talented watercolorist or artist there is. I just have chosen to use my brush and my paints in a very specific way that has met a need in the body of Christ.
Go deeper in your walk with the Lord.