Today I’m so excited to be joined by the remarkable Sharon Jaynes, a renowned international speaker and best-selling author of 26 books with nearly 1 million copies sold. She’s a prominent voice in the global faith community, having served as the former Vice President of Proverbs 31 Ministries and co-host of their radio program.
Sharon’s latest book, “Praying for Your Child from Head to Toe,” is a 30-day guide to praying purposely over your children. In this conversation, we explore how parents, grandparents, and anyone invested in a child’s life can use the words of scripture to pray with intention and impact.
Join us as Sharon walks through 16 distinct areas of prayer, offering a heartfelt pattern for praying over the people you love, from the crown of their heads to the soles of their feet. This discussion touched my heart profoundly, and I pray it will do the same for you!
6:46 – Sharon 101
- An unexpected path to book writing
- Starting up Proverbs 31 Ministries
- A passion for teaching the word of God
10:10 – The ‘Head to Toe’ Series Origin
- Where did the ‘head to toe’ concept come from?
- Using scripture as a guidepost for everyday life
- The challenges and stresses of today’s world on children
15:48 – Influence Beyond Parents
- The significant impact that adults can have on children’s lives
- Sharon’s journey to faith
- The transformative power of prayer
22:05 – The Nature of Prayer
- Why does prayer matter?
- We are called to pray
- God is always working behind the scenes
- Adversity leading to spiritual and personal growth
32:41 – The 16 Prayer Landmarks
- Walking through each landmark from head to toe
- Praying in alignment with God’s word
- A pattern of prayer
- Relinquishing control
48:51 – Sharon’s Parting Words
- There’s no right or wrong way to pray
- There are no perfect parents, but we can be praying parents
- God is always working, even when we can’t see it
“If you pray the word of God, you’re praying the will of God”
“God will make the pain in our meanwhile, worthwhile.”
“Our responsibility is obedience, and God’s responsibility is the outcome.”
“There are no perfect parents, but we can all be praying parents.”
Sharon’s Website: https://sharonjaynes.com/
Sharon on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sharonejaynes/?hl=en
Sharon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SharonJaynes/