Click a timestamp below to be taken to the exact spot in the episode…
My guest this week is Steve White, president and special counsel to the CEO of Comcast. He just released his newest book, Uncompromising: How an Unwavering Commitment to Your Why Leads to an Impactful Life and a Lasting Legacy.
Steve grew up as the son of a fiercely determined and hard-working single mother. His book explores the defining – often heart-wrenching – moments on his path from the housing projects to president of Comcast West and how he positively made a difference in his life and for those around him.
He hopes that his readers will reflect on the book’s seven pathways and seek out ways to make a difference for others.
2:53 – Steve 101
- He was the perfect candidate to be a victim, to not be a contributor to society. He lived in housing projects with his single mother and three brothers.
- His mom was determined that her sons would have a better life than she did.
8:14 – Learning from his mother
- Our job is to find out why we were placed on this earth. His mother’s job was to raise four boys to help change the world.
17:31 – Serving others
- Steve discovered if he was going to have any kind of success, he had to serve others.
- He learned why he was placed on earth through adversity
22:28 – Paying it forward
- Steve’s story shows that the American dream is real, and he wants to pay it forward.
- Ask yourself: Why were you placed on this earth?
31:33 – How faith has guided Steve
- Steve gave himself to the Lord in a small Indianapolis Baptist church.
- He has waivered in his faith over the years, but he knows the success he has had in life has come from the Lord.
37:33 – Finding your purpose
- The key is to find moments when you can be quiet, by yourself, and reflect on the question of finding your purpose.
- What are you good at? What would you do for free because you love it so much?
42:05 – Uncompromising book
- When you find your purpose, that is what you’re uncompromising. There will be naysayers. You just stay focused on your purpose.
- Have a life of impact. Challenge yourself to identify your fight and stay focused on it.
45:44 – Get to know you
- Favorite movie? Godfather I and II
- Book he’s reading? Bible and daily devotional
You die twice. You die the day that they put you in the grave. The second time and the final time is the last time someone mentions your name.
My vision, and everyone’s vision, should be, long after we’re gone people are still mentioning our name, because that is a life of legacy. That is a life well lived.
I was the perfect candidate to be a victim, to not be a contributor to society.
Why were you placed on this earth?
Thank you to our partner of the show!
Are you looking to clean up your household cleaning products this year? MamaSuds would like to help! The best way is to simply start with one product. Every time you run out of a specific cleaning product, replace it with a non-toxic one. Another tip, purchase a product that has multiple uses. The MamaSuds Collection has many multiple use products (castile soap or the toilet bombs are just a few!). Their blog has lots of great tips and a castile soap recipe that you can print and make a lot of your own effective cleaners! Give them a try at www.mamasuds.com and don’t forget to use the coupon code MOLLY for 15% off your order!