My guest this week is Heather MacFayden, the host of the popular podcast, “Don’t Mom Alone,” with more than 18 million downloads from across the globe. She finds great joy in connecting moms to mentors and experts through her podcast and speaking across the country. Her new book, “Right Where You Belong: How to Identify & Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space,” comes out in April.
4:43 – Heather 101
- She met her husband Bruce at a small college in Indiana. They’ve been married for 24 years and have four boys, from 11 to 17 years old.
- Heather has been doing a weekly podcast for almost 10 years.
6:45 – New book & free audio
- Heather’s new book, “Right Where You Belong: How to Identify & Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space,” comes out in April.
- If you pre-order the book, you’ll get a free audio copy.
13:29 – Grace and space
- Heather has worked on giving herself more grace in the present moment and tries not to compare herself to friends or colleagues.
- She focuses on her God-given space and how she can serve others.
17:55 – Dialogue with God
- Dialogue with God about your life. Bring your decisions to Him.
- We should be faithful and ask God for help and advice.
20:40 – Challenges
- Have an ongoing conversation with God about all things, good and bad.
- When you face challenges, focus on what you can control and where you can be.
27:00 – Sit with God
- Heather is a big believer in talking with God, sitting with Him.
- Don’t only talk with friends about your problems.
31:04 – Fully occupy your space
- Heather occupies her space and invites other to join her, but she doesn’t try to force people to convert to her beliefs.
47:00 – Get to know you
- Last thing that made her laugh? Her youngest son singing happy birthday to her while wearing costumes.
- Last thing that made her cry? American Idol
I reflected on some places in my journey that felt like I was missing out or that I had messed up or I had failed. When I could pull back and see what God was doing, I could give myself grace then.
What if I could give myself grace in the present moment, in the failures and places that don’t look like all of my friends?
God has given you this space.
Dialogue with God about your life. Bring your decisions to Him.
Heather MacFadyen is the host of the popular parenting podcast Don’t Mom Alone, with more than 18 million downloads from around the globe, as well as the author of the book Don’t Mom Alone. She finds great joy in connecting other women to mentors and experts through her podcast and in speaking at live events with women across the country. She and her husband and their four sons live in Dallas, Texas. Learn more at www.dontmomalone.com.