have you entered my giveaway for the chevron infinity scarf from Ooh Baby designs yet? you should!
[Leather Skirt: H&M (similar) | Cobalt Tee: Banana Republic LOFT (old) | Jean Jacket: LOFT (old) | Tights: Express | Flats: LOFT | Necklace: Jewelmint]
I know that a lot of my posts lately have been on the more “serious” side. Well, minus my embarrassing story. And my pet peeves. And the things you didn’t know about me. Okay, well not ALL my posts have been serious – but a lot of them. Well, more than I’m used to.
But #NaBloPoMo has really been fun for me – it’s been so therapeutic, in a sense. I used to write ALL the time. Like, write as in, really write, not just talking about my outfit.
And I’ve gone through the normal ebbs and flows over the years – and a lot of those ebbs and flows have been on this here blog.
Well, today’s #NaBloPoMo prompt was:
What change, big or small, would you like your blog to make in the world?
Man. That’s a loaded question.
This blog? This blog? Being a change in the world? Hardly.
But, I guess, what a lot of this goes back to is why I blog in the first place. And you can really read about a lot of that here and here.
And the more I think about it – the more I realize that I hope this blog serves as a tiny little microcosm of change that I WOULD like to see in the world.
I want my blog to:
- Make people laugh. The greatest joy that I get is knowing I made someone laugh or brought a smile to someone’s face
- Make people feel comfortable in their own skin.I know I’ve dealt with my own insecurities over the years and I’ve never truly felt comfortable in my own skin – but I’m working on it. And I’m working on showing the world that yes, contrary to popular belief, you can be a size 12 and wear a leather skirt and glitter flats. Yes, you can feel and be beautiful in trendy clothes.
- Teach people to love and respect each other’s differences. We’re all different. Let’s just get that out there and accept it. Now. No, really. Accept it. We’re not all going to think the same way, act the same way, believe the same things, or heck, even like the same things. But, I think we can all agree that we were made to be beautiful and unique – and the moment we start embracing and being open and welcome to that fact, the happier we’ll all be. No, really. I think so.
- Teach people that serving others and thinking of others as greater than yourself is FUN. No, really. It is. The more you start taking care of other people and the more you start loving other people more than you love yourself, the more that you will love yourself in the end. Trust me. It happens. And it’s awesome.
- Teach people that you don’t have to take yourself too seriously. I don’t take myself seriously at all. Maybe sometimes, but hardly ever. Life is meant to be fun. So wear tie-die, wear glitter flats, and laugh till your stomach hurts. As much as you can.
- Teach people that, if they’re willing, that there is a love and a hope and a worth in something so much bigger than anything they can even ask or imagine – it’s a worth that isn’t material – it’s even more than that. Yes, I am a fashion blogger who also happens to love Jesus. I know that’s not popular with everyone and that’s okay. I’m not here to change anyone’s mind or judge anyone for feeling or thinking differently. But I am here to tell you my own story. I mean, it’s my blog, right? And my story is one of triumph, one of love, and one of grace. A grace and love I’ve experienced that has totally wrecked me and COMPLETELY turned my life around. For the better. And if you want to know more about it, ask me. I could talk about it for days. Weeks. Months. Years. And whatnot.
Okay. So, do you have a blog? What change do YOU want YOUR blog to be in the world? Small OR large? If you don’t have a blog, what things do you currently do in your life, or do you WISH you did to “be the change?”
Happy Tuesday, y’all.