Hey y’all – I’m in two places at once today – I’m SUPER honored to be guest posting for the amazing and oh-so-fabulous Marion over at Marionberry Style. Be sure to check out my post and leave some love for Marion (she’s a new mommy! AHH!) 🙂
My quick “discussion,” if you will, about this outfit is – I love white on white. I love lace and white. I don’t love that my closet is shrinking by the day. BUT, I will say that I LOVE that this baby is growing (rapidly, I might add) and that I’m so blessed to take care of it during this time. It’s also forcing me to be A LOT more creative with my closet. Practice makes perfect, y’all.
Now, I haven’t done a random facts in a while, and well, there’s no time like the present, amiright?!
Five Random Facts About Me:
- I am a HUGE Cleveland sports fan. Cleveland Browns are my number one, Cleveland Indians come in close second, and Cleveland Cavaliers in third. BUT, I have never lived in Cleveland in my life. My dad and his family are from Cleveland, so I was basically brainwashed from the time I was a baby to be a Cleveland fan. I guess my dad wanted me to know what pain and suffering was my whole life. 🙂 Just kidding!
- I learned to drive (on a stick shift!) at age 10. Since my mom was sick when I was younger, it was primarily for safety in case anything were to ever happen and I would need to drive my mom to the hospital. But also, my dad wanted me to make sure I could drive anything. I have also driven a trailer and a 28′ motor home.
- I LOVE the beach but I am terrified of the ocean. Whenever I go to the beach, I basically stick my toes in, but I go no further than that. I had a traumatic experience getting sucked under by a wave when I was a kid that made me scarred for life. PLUS, I am terrified of jellyfish / sharks / anything that could eat me alive. I don’t mind water that is clear where I can see what is around me, but if I can’t see what’s around me, FORGET IT.
- If you know me, you already know this, but if you’re new here or don’t really know me, you wouldn’t know that I used to be a comedian. I mean, I kind of still am, but like, I used to perform ALL the time. I primarily did sketch and improvisational comedy – but I did dabble in standup for a while. I performed and wrote comedy for over 12+ years. Yep, I started young. I only stopped doing it regularly a little over a year ago and it was honestly because I was so tired and kinda burnt out. So now I just perform occasionally for fun. I do still miss it sometimes!
- I’m related to Pocahontas. Yeah, THE Pocahontas. She’s technically my maternal 14th great-grandmother. How do I know this? Well, my great aunt on my mom’s side used to be a genealogist, did a family history, and discovered that when Pocahontas left America and went to Europe with John Rolfe, she traveled around and, uhh, “made friends” with some men. One of whom happened to be the mayor of a city in Ireland (where my family is from) and boom, a child was born. And 14 generations later, I came along. Crazy, right? Yeah, so random.
Now, what’s something RANDOM about you?