Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week! Here are the moments I’m celebrating this week:
- I finally got to see Man of Steel with my man of steel this past weekend. 🙂 I loved it!
- One of our old staff members at work brought by her new golden retriever puppy, Sadie, this week. WHO DOESN’T LOVE A PUPPY?!
- I was making dinner the other night and realized I’m a walking cliche: barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Bahaha!
- I got to have lunch with one of my best friends (and fellow sorority sister) Kelly for lunch when she was in town this week! It was SO awesome to see her. BTW: Kelly is blogging now! Check out her health and fitness blog! 🙂
- I haven’t seen my sweet friend Brooke in what feels like AGES and we saw each other at the triFABB meetup / shopping party at Apricot Lane Boutique in Southpoint Mall. It was awesome.
How far along: 36 weeks. Less than a month to go!
How big is baby: About 6 pounds and about 18-19 inches long. ….Not sure what that is on the veggie scale.
Weight gain: I am retaining a lot of water weight right now so I’m kind of ignoring the scale. Sue me.
Sleeping: Well, I can no longer really get out of bed without assistance… so my bathroom trips in the middle of the night are fun. It’s comical, really. 🙂
Food cravings: I had that craving for buffalo chicken pizza…
Food aversions: Japanese food still.
Symptoms: All of them. All of the symptoms!
- Back pain – this has ACTUALLY gotten a little better. Going to my chiropractor weekly has been super helpful.
- Contractions – at least I THINK that’s what they are… all I know is some of them really take my breath away.
- Swollen feet and ankles.
- My hips feel like they are separating… so I’ve got that going for me. 🙂
Miss Anything?: Feeling like a normal human being.
Doctor’s appointment: I have one today (Friday) – and it’s with one of my favorite midwives so I’m excited about that!
Wedding Rings: Still on! They’re tight, but I can still take them on and off.
Clothes: I have a pair of jeans and like three shirts that fit. So a lot is getting rotated. I do have a few dresses that I can still wear…
Movement: This baby is seriously a party animal. I’m guessing that is not going to change once it’s here?
Best moment of the week: Seeing so many wonderful friends this week. 🙂
What I’m looking forward to: The arrival of our baby! I really am just SO ready to know if Baby Stillman is a boy or a girl and be able to hold this sweet thing.
What I did / Got for baby: J and I finished getting (most) of the things off our Target registry… we still need a lot of little things and a lot of cloth diapers, but we are crossing things off the list. We also finalized our birth plan this week.
What I learned this week: Well, I know that I learned something, but as I sit here typing, I honestly can’t remember what it was… that’s pregnancy brain for you.
Prayer requests: Definitely sleep. I’m also praying very specifically for a few things with regards to the labor: I’m praying that both John and I are able to soundly and consciously make the best decisions when it comes to everything during the labor process, I’m praying that I’m able to focus on my labor and pain management techniques and get through the whole thing without any medical intervention or drugs and be able to give birth 100% naturally, I’m praying that all the herbal remedies / exercise / etc. that I’ve been doing will help speed the labor process along in addition to making it efficient so that no intervention is needed. I’m also praying for a few other things, but I’ll keep those between me, my husband, and the Lord for now. 🙂