*On a side note unrelated to this post, sorry for the blog absence for the last two days… my web host BlueHost crashed and all of their sites were down and so thus, my blog and email were down for over 32 hours! Yikes! Anyway, we are BACK UP AND RUNNING! Woop woop!!
Lilly, I can’t believe you are EIGHT MONTHS OLD.
You are becoming more and more of a PERSONALITY every single day. You never cease to make your dad and I laugh – you are so full of joy and so wise and so full of love already. Everyone that meets you just instantly falls in love with you. You are special and you are wonderful – it’s so clear that God broke the mold when he made you, baby girl.
This month you have really become curious about EVERYTHING. You want to get into EVERYTHING. Mommy and daddy and quickly trying to figure out the best way to baby proof this new house because you are little miss adventurous. Because of your curiosity, you’re prone to falling or knocking your head on things or bumping into something… and of course, mommy feels HORRIBLE when you do. So, we’re working through that. BUT, you are one tough little lady.
You love your daddy so much and that makes my heart smile. When he gets home from work or walks in the room, you just absolutely LIGHT UP.
I love watching you grow into a little girl from a little baby, but at the same time, it’s just moving too fast.
We love you so much, Lilly!
LILLY’S SEVEN MONTH UPDATE
Weight: 18~ lbs
Nicknames: Beebeebeeoo. Putian. Lilliputian. Lil. Lillaboo.
Sleep: Lilly has really gotten into a routine with sleep. She usually goes down right around 7-7:30pm (pretty consistently gets tired around that time) and wakes up anywhere between 6 and 7am. Some mornings she’ll sleep till 7:30 which is awesome, but that’s rare.
We do still have nights here and there (like last night) where she will wake up and not want to go back to sleep… those nights are not fun. She also seems to be teething again which is affecting her sleep.
Oh, and the fact that we moved hasn’t been great for her sleep… BUT, she really is doing better.
She still takes two naps a day – a shorter one in the morning and a longer nap in the afternoon. The times are sporadic though…
Eating: Lilly still nurses four times a day, sometimes five if she wakes up in the middle of the night or earlier in the morning and she’s hungry. But pretty consistently four to five times a day.
We are getting the hang of Baby Led Weaning… I finally read the book which I really wish I had read earlier, it was so informative and helpful!
So far she’s eaten… well, A LOT. Pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, spaghetti (LOVED it), pork tenderloin, peas, carrots, lima beans, okra, avocado, red potatoes, and more… she’s a REALLY good eater.
Her favorite foods are sweet potato, mango, any kind of berry, and she LOVED the spiced red potatoes. I am trying to be a little more adventurous with what I give her.
Clothing: She’s still consistently in 6-9 month clothing but she does have a few 12 month things that are starting to fit. Also, some brands run WAY small… like Osh Kosh runs SUPER small – she wore an 18 month onesie that’s almost too tight for her… and she’s DEFINITELY not in 18 month clothing.
Mood: Such a ham! She really is such a ham. She definitely DEFINITELY has her fussy moments and gets really frustrated if she doesn’t get what she wants (we’re in for it when she’s a teenager), but she is such a happy baby. Always smiling, never meets a stranger, and LOVES to giggle and laugh.
- Daddy. She just LIGHTS up when he walks in the room.
- Mommy (yay!!)
- The dogs.
- Playing “blast off”
- Swinging on a swing
- Tags, straps, buttons, cords – anything that is front of her, really.
- Being worn in the Tula
- Riding in a shopping cart
- Sitting in a high chair
- When Mommy sings her songs
- Playdates with her friends
- Riding in the car at night.
- Being hot.
- Being “ignored” – if you’re not paying attention to her at all times, she gets real mad. LOL! 🙂 Don’t worry… we don’t IGNORE her… she just needs to be the center of attention.
What I Want to Remember / Milestones:
- Her army crawling is getting really out of control… she can’t crawl on her hands and knees but she will crawl across the whole house just scooting along on her belly.
- She has NO fear… she wants to climb and crawl over EVERYTHING
- We MOVED into a new home!! AHHH!! Such a huge milestone. I will miss her old nursery, but we are excited to build a life with her in this new home.
- She “talks” all the time – just jibber jabbers all day long.
- She is starting to imitate sounds and facial expressions
- She will kinda give kisses (they’re very wet kisses, but kisses nonetheless)
- She got really sick this month – it was only her second time getting sick, but it was AWFUL. Poor baby. 🙁
What I’m Looking Forward To: My first MOTHER’S DAY with Lilly and getting her new nursery unpacked, settled, and decorated.
We love you baby girl!!