*this post is brought to you by the fabulous folks at Goorin! All opinions are mine. 🙂
LOOK ONE: Floppy Hat: Goorin c/o | Dress: Target last year (similar) | Denim Vest: Old Navy | Shoes: Saks off Fifth (Similar) | Clutch: Urban Expressions / Stitch Fix (similar) | Earrings & Bracelet: C. Wonder c/o
Confession time: the MOMENT I put on a big, classy, floppy hat… I instantly think I’m Audrey Hepburn. Or Elizabeth Taylor. Or Judy Garland. I just feel classy and elegant and I feel like I’ve been plucked out of the 1940s or something. Am I the only one that feels this way?
I’ve always loved a big floppy straw hat, but I haven’t always found excuses to wear one. But then I started honestly thinking about all the places you could wear a floppy hat… For example: the beach? Check! A backyard barbecue? Duh! A picnic in the park? Fo’ sho’! A walk around town? Perfect! A leisurely day of errand running? Absolutely. The possibilities are endless.
Also, to take it even a step further from fashion to pure function… I really need to start doing a better job of protecting my skin and my face from the sun. I’m crazy fair skinned (captain obvious, here), and I burn so easily. My dad has struggled with skin cancer for years and I really need to do everything I can NOW to prevent that from happening in the future. Ya know? Okay, enough serious talk…
Anywho, the wonderful folks at Goorin sent me this gorgeous sun kissed straw floppy hat and I opened the box and fell in love. It’s such a simple thing, a hat, but the quality of it is amazing and it really feels so well crafted. Goorin’s been around since 1895 – so yeah, they know their hats. Their hats have even been seen on the show Breaking Bad! (I’ve never seen the show, but from what I hear, it’s good!)
I wanted to just show you guys two looks that I’ve worn recently with my new fancy hat… The first look was just a casual, backyard cookout look, and the second was an outfit I wore to a meeting! (I did take the hat off once inside the building… haha!)
Another thing I have to say that I love about this hat versus other hats I’ve tried on or worn is the accuracy of the sizing. The Goorin hats come in actual small, medium, large, and extra large which is AWESOME for people like me who have… admittedly, large heads. It’s genetics, okay, people!? Poor Lilly’s head is in the 94th percentile… yeah, she got that from me and her pop pop (my dad).
I’ve always struggled to find hats that fit me and fit me well… it’s truly a challenge! But this baby fits like a dream! Not too snug, not too loose. I’m in hat love. Is that a thing? Sure it is.
What about you? Are you a hat fan? How would you style a big floppy hat?
Welcome to Funday Monday! Here are a few of our favorites posts from last week’s link-up:
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] and Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
Want to cohost #FundayMonday? We are currently accepting weekly cohosts! Please email us at email@example.com for more information!