In all honesty, I am not a big “birthday” person. Every once in a while I will want to celebrate my birthday, but in general, on my birthday I just want to be with the ones I love eating yummy cake and Chipotle. It’s the truth.
However, over the years, I have come to learn of and appreciate all the places that will give you either awesome discounts OR free stuff on your birthday or during your birthday month! Since my birthday is coming up next month, I thought I’d share as comprehensive a list as I can come up with of ALL the places that will give you free stuff or discounts on your birthday or during your birthday month.
Now, how does this all fit into my Molly’s Money category? Well, free stuff and discounts = savings. Savings = more dollars left in your pocket, so to speak. So, it counts! Ha! There!
A lot of these do involve signing up for an email list. If you don’t want your inbox to be totally full of marketing emails from random places, I would actually suggest creating an email address that is SOLELY for the purpose of email lists. Something like “firstname.lastname@example.org” or something. That is not my email list email… but it’s a great way to keep all those promotional emails in one place and you don’t have to bog down your regular inbox with them.
A LIST OF BIRTHDAY FREEBIES
RESTAURANTS / FAST-FOOD / ICE CREAM SHOPS / ETC.
- Free dessert on your birthday from Applebees if you sign up for their email list.
- Free ice cream from Baskin Robbins if you sign up for their email club.
- Free ice cream on your birthday from Ben and Jerry’s for becoming a “Chunk Spelunker.”
- If you sign up for Posta Toscana from Brio Italian Grill you get free food on your birthday.
- You get free chips and salsa or chips and guac AND a free brownie sunday from Chili’s if you sign up for their email list.
- Free ice cream on your birthday from Cold Stone Creamery!
- Free blizzard from Dairy Queen for joining their fan club.
- Join Denny’s rewards club and get a free Grand Slam on your birthday.
- If you show a valid photo ID at Firehouse Subs on your birthday, you get a free sub.
- Get a free three scoop sundae from Friendly’s for joining their BFF club… plus you get birthday freebies for your family too!
- Join the Fudd Club and get a treat for your birthday from Fuddrucker’s.
- Join the Pancake Revolution from IHOP and you get a free meal JUST for signing up, plus a free meal on your birthday, AND a free meal on the anniversary of signing up. Pancakes, for the win!
- Free coffee AND free doughnut on your birthday from Krispy Kreme!!
- $5 credit from the MySmileage rewards program from Menchie’s.
- Free gift on your birthday from Moe’s Southwest Grill.
- Free dessert from Outback Steakhouse for joining their rewards program
- Free dessert from PF Chang’s on your birthday.
- Free burger from Red Robin during your birthday month!!
- Free coffee from Starbucks.
- Free Auntie Anne’s pretzel
- $30 gift card to Benihana!
- Birthday biscuit from Bojangles!! YES!
- Free burger from Backyard Burgers
- Free sub and drink from Jersey Mike’s
- Free Noodle Bowl from Noodles & Co.
- Free birthday surprise from Waffle House
- Coupon during your birthday week from Wendy’s
RETAILERS / WEBSITE / ETC.
- 50 Swag Bucks on your birthday!
- Bonus Bing Rewards on your birthday!
- 15% off coupon at Anthropologie during your birthday month.
- Free surprise from Benefit Cosmetics
- $3 free extra care bucks from CVS
- $5 from DSW shoes on your birthday
- Free Birthday Surprise from Old Navy
- Free birthday $10 coupon to World Market
- 20% off coupon to Payless Shoes
- Free birthday surprise from Sephora
- Gift from Aveda on your birthday (changes every year)
- 15% off at American Eagle
Now, you can also check out BirthdayFreebies.com and you can find out freebies that are local to YOUR AREA! How cool is that?!
This is about as exhaustive of a list as I could come up with (at least from the places that I go to at all or places that are near me), but I KNOW that I will miss a lot, so if you have any that you know of that I have NOT listed here, please leave them in the comments below! 🙂