Denim Vest: Old Navy | Pants: Stitch Fix | Shirt: Stitch Fix | Bag: C. Wonder | Shoes: TOMS for Target (similar) | Earrings: Nickel and Suede | Cuff: Your Words Cuffs c/o (Use code “MOLLY” for 10% off!)
Until this year, I’ve never really done the whole “word of the year” thing. You know, the thing where you pick a word and that’s sort of your mantra for the year… your goal for the year… your focus for the year.
Without realizing it, I, ironically, unintentionally stumbled upon my word of the year… and the word is: intentional.
See what I mean about the irony of unintentionally coming across the word intentional? 🙂
In just the past two and a half months, I’ve really focused so much on intentionality in everything I do.
I’ve realized (now more than ever) how precious and important our time on this earth is. And even though I LOVE social media and I love technology and all that… it’s so, so easy to get distracted and let frivolous stuff get in our way and impact our relationships with our friends and family… or even affect our productivity.
So, this year it’s all about being intentional in everything that I do.
- I want to be intentional in my time with the Lord. I’ve never been good at this. I really, really need to be better about this.
- I want to be intentional in my time with my husband. Taking time to really talk. Taking time to be alone. Taking time to hang out… and NOT watch TV or be on our phones… just actually BE there and be present.
- I want to be more intentional in my time with Lilly. Taking time to really invest in her and invest in our relationship. That means putting AWAY the phone even when I’m tempted to take it out.
- I want to be intentional in my time with my friends. I treasure my relationships with my friends and I am so thankful that God has placed such amazing women in my life. I don’t want to take them for granted. Ever.
- I want to be more intentional with this blog. I take everything I share and everything I do on this blog very seriously and I want to focus even more on making it even better this year. I’m always trying to think and brainstorm of ways to improve.
- I want to be more intentional with what I eat. I’ve already made such huge strides in my diet, I don’t want to to take any steps backwards. Eating healthy foods, controlling portions, and watching what I eat is so integral for my overall health and my weight loss goals.
- I want to be more intentional in my fitness plan. I’ve gotten into a great rhythm already and I want to make sure I keep it up.
- I want to be more intentional in my Young Living business. This is something that has become a HUGE passion for me and something that I am growing in every day. My overall health and wellness has improved so much and I see so much potential. I can’t wait to see what this year brings.
- I want to be more intentional in my time with my immediate and extended family. I am feeling more than ever the importance of spending quality time with your family. Sharing stories. Laughing. Crying. Enjoying each other’s company.
What about you?
What’s your word for 2015? How are you trying to live it out? What things do you struggle with that you’re trying to improve?