I’ve got another fun oily beauty DIY for you today! I will admit, in my skin care routine, using toner is probably my favorite part. I just LOVE the way my skin feels after using toner. However, the toner I used to use has so many harsh ingredients that I felt it was doing my skin more harm than good.
I then switched and used Young Living’s ART skincare line toner and LOVEEEEEEEEED it (okay, I STILL love it). BUT, I wanted to see if I could try and DIY my own essential oils facial toner and give it a try to see how I like it. Turns out, my DIY toner is almost or just as awesome as the toner you can buy directly from Young Living.
This essential oils facial toner recipe is super easy and takes just a few minutes to make!
Now… Why Would You Use a Facial Toner?
It helps to restore your skin’s pH balance, shrinks pores, moisturizes and refreshes skin! It’s a vital part of a good skincare routine.
DIY Facial Toner with Essential Oils
What You’ll Need:
- Glass or stainless steel spray bottle (Here’s what I used)
- Raw apple cider vinegar (Get it here)
- Witch hazel (Get it here)
- 15 drops of Frankincense essential oil (Learn how to get started with essential oils here)
- 15 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 5-10 drops of Tea tree / Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil (optional if you have oily, acne / breakout prone skin)
- 5-10 drops of Patchouli essential oil (optional)
Directions for Your Essential Oils Facial Toner:
Add in your desired essential oils to your spray bottle, the fill about 1/4 of the way with apple cider vinegar, another 1/4 of the way with witch hazel, and the rest with water! Shake well.
To use, I spray on a cotton swap and apply all over my face after cleansing / washing my face. I then follow with my normal facial moisturizer and the rest of my skin care routine.
What about you? Have you ever made your own essential oils facial toner before? What other beauty products have you DIYd? I hope you give this a try!