While I by no means claim to be an expert in #allthingsbaby, I do feel like I have a good grasp on things that are practical / unpractical and I also love trying out new things to see how they work and function in a real life setting. A few months ago, we got the new Maxi-Cosi Adorra Travel system which is exclusive to BuyBuyBaby. I had honestly never even tried anything from Maxi-Cosi before, but I have had friends who RAVE about the brand, so I was really excited to try this travel system out!
The travel system is, obviously as the name implies, both an infant car seat AND a stroller. So, I thought I’d take you through exactly what it looks like, how it works, and then, if you keep reading to the end, share with you my overall “pros and cons” of the Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 car seat and Adorra stroller travel system.
most photography by Em Grey
First I wanted to show you guys what the Maxi-Cosi Adorra STROLLER looks like when the infant car seat part is not used.
The travel system comes in three main pieces:
- The infant carseat (obviously there’s a base for the carseat, too)
- The main stroller frame
- The stroller seat
There’s also adaptors that are removed whether or not the infant seat is being used.
One thing that is really cool is that the stroller seat can be faced either inwards or outwards and really grows with your kiddo. It works for both Amos AND Lilly (size wise). I like to face the stroller seat inwards most of the time if I’m just using it for Amos, but I’ll face it outwards if Lilly is the one going for a ride.
The back portion of the stroller seat also fully reclines and you can lay your baby flat, almost like you’re pushing a bassinet. So the stroller seat works for newborns as well, which I love!
The bottom portion of the stroller seat is also adjustable and you can raise or lower it depending on if you have a little one or a toddler riding along.
It’s also SUPER easy to fold up and switch. Literally just pushes of buttons and pressing of levels and boom, you’re moving the pieces around in no time. It’s quick, light, and simple which is KEY.
Now I wanted to show you want it looks like when the infant seat is used instead.
Remove the stroller seat, attach the adaptors (which come WITH the travel system) and boom… you can just pop the infant seat into the stroller frame and you’re off and running (or walking). …this is not a jogging stroller… haha!
I love the basket on this thing. I mean, for real. The basket on this travel system is HUGEEEEEEEEEE and fits basically a small village. Or something.
Case in point… this is Lilly’s new favorite thing to do when we pick her up from school. I take Amos inside with me to get Lilly from her classroom and she IMMEDIATELY climbs into the basket of the stroller… ALONG WITH HER BAG. I can fit a 36+ pound TODDLER along with STUFF in this basket. It’s THAT big.
I also took this travel system with me on a couple of trips this summer (by myself, mind you… just me and Amos) and it held up well! I was able to easily get through security and on the plane with it. The large basket also really helped holding my carry on stuff while I lugged Amos around.
Here’s another pic of me with the travel system when we were in New York City at Blogger Bash in July!
So… pros and cons!!
Maxi-Cosi Adorra Stroller & Travel System PROS:
- First, the basket is LEGIT. I mean, it can fit TWO CHILDREN in it. Okay, toddlers… but still. The basket is HUGE. That is so important for me because… #allthestuff.
- I love the adjustable handlebar. That way it’s easy for me (at 5’4″) to push and my husband (at 6’1″) to push.
- It’s very sturdy. REALLY sturdy.
- It is basically impossible to tipover. THIS is a big one for me because the travel system we had originally for Lilly tipped over so easily and it scared me ALL THE TIME.
- I love that you can switch the direction of the stroller seat to be inward facing or outward facing.
- CUPHOLDERS! You can, realistically carry like three different beverages at once. Between the insulated cupholders on the left (there’s two slots in that one) and the regular cupholder on the right…
- Versatile. I like that I can pop the carseat in OR do a stroller seat.
Maxi-Cosi Adorra Stroller & Travel System CONS:
- This is definitely not really an “all-terrain” system. Because the weight is so balance, it is actually tough to get over “humps” which, is GOOD in that it doesn’t tip over easily, but difficult to get up on a sidewalk, if that makes sense (or over any obstacle)
- I will be honest… I don’t LOVE that you have to take out the stroller seat to put in the carseat. I wish the stroller part was all one piece and then you could just pop the carseat in (like most traditional stroller or travel systems). BUT, I get why they did it with this one because it’s really not MEANT to be all one piece. BUT, it’s just not my favorite feature.
- I also don’t like that you have to take out little side pieces / adaptors every time you want to put in the carseat vs. have the stroller seat in there. (I realize this is minor, but felt it should be included)
- It’s KINDA wide for a travel system as a whole. I mean, it doesn’t bother me and it fits through places, but it’s not the smallest / most compact travel system you’re going to come across. SO, if that’s important to you, that should be noted.
Overall, the pros for the Adorra Travel System FARRRRRRR outweigh the cons. I absolutely LOVE it. Like I said, I’ve been using this travel system since June and I’ve put it to the TEST! I’ve traveled with it, taken it on a plane, gone on a road trip (or two), and for just everyday use, it has stood up well.
What about you? Have you tried any Maxi-Cost products? What travel system did you use for your kiddo(s)? I’d love to hear your thoughts / experiences!
*This is not a sponsored post. I received the Adorra travel system as a gift for review since it’s a new product, but was not required to share my thoughts or anything like that… I wanted to share my review with you guys because so many mamas have asked me about it and I thought it would be helpful! Also, we LOVE it and I always love to share things with you guys that I love! <3