Dress: Agnes & Dora Curie Dress c/o | Necklace: Noonday Collection | Cuff: Branded Collective | Earrings: Nickel and Suede | Diaper Bag: Lily Jade c/o (on sale!) | Watch: Wristology Watches c/o (Use code “45” for 20% off) | Flats: (Borrowed from a friend haha!)
If you read the title of this post you may or may not be probably thinking, “What is Agnes & Dora?!” Well, in short, Agnes & Dora is a women’s and kid’s clothing brand that is only sold through consultants. (Although, I have seen some pieces on their website that you can buy… but I’m not sure exactly how that works. You may be able to buy a few things online… but most of it is purchased directly through a consultant either in-person or in an online party through Facebook, social media, etc.)
Now, you also may be thinking, “Isn’t that just like LulaRoe?” Well, yes and no. Let me FIRST run down the similarities with you…
- Both Agnes & Dora and LulaRoe are a clothing brand for women and children
- Both Agnes & Dora and LulaRoe are sold directly through consultants
- Both Agnes & Dora and LulaRoe carry leggings that are super popular and “limited” in quantity
- Price points are similar for both companies
- Both companies are three years old (started in 2013)
- Both Agnes & Dora and LulaRoe manufacture their clothes ethically
- The one difference here is that Agnes & Dora still manufactures pretty much ALL of their clothes (except leggings) in the USA. LulaRoe now manufactures all over the world, BUT, as I’ve mentioned a time or 17, they work only with ethical / WRAP certified factories and they make sure their employees at ALL levels are treated with kindness and paid a living wage.
What are the differences between Agnes & Dora and LulaRoe?
- LulaRoe does carry a few men’s pieces (like the Patrick T, the Mark, etc.)
- Agnes & Dora has similar styles to LulaRoe, but actually carries quite a few more styles than LulaRoe’s standard ones
- They are completely separate companies (I’ve heard some people think they are owned by the same people and that is not the case)
- LulaRoe really “took off” and for whatever reason (I’m not really sure why), Agnes & Dora has been a little slower to grow (NOTE: I do not think this is a bad thing)
- I have found that I seem to see more of a particular print with Agnes & Dora vs. the hard-to-find prints with LulaRoe
Now, to address the question first off that I know everyone is going to ask me: “Molly, do you still love LulaRoe?”
And the answer is…
OF COURSE! I loooove LulaRoe. I have so many dear friends that are consultants. I love the clothing and still wear it regularly. The “Carly dress” is my FAVE and I wear it all. the. time.
HOWEVER, now that I’ve discovered Agnes & Dora… I definitely have fallen in LOVE with the clothing and the company!
I had actually heard of, in passing, Agnes & Dora back in the spring… but honestly wasn’t sure what it was. Then, a couple months ago, one of my readers, Erica, reached out to me and thought I’d LOVE it and like to try out some Agnes & Dora… and I was totally game! Well, needless to say… she was right… I LOVE it!
EVERYTHING I have tried is so flattering, so comfortable, and really makes me feel beautiful! I also love some of the differences in the styles. In this post I am wearing the Curie Dress which is similar to the LulaRoe Nicole… the difference is that the Curie has a v-neck and POCKETS!
The material on this dress is also SUPER soft. I just love it!! I have gotten so many compliments when I wear this dress!
It’s also one of those dresses I can easily wear year-round… just add tights / boots in the winter or sandals in the summer. The material isn’t too heavy, but it’s also not flimsy. I realize that might sound confusing… haha!
ALLLL of that to say… don’t fret… I do still love my beloved LulaRoe. I just also TOTALLY love Agnes & Dora, too! I’m trying to think of a similar example… it’s like you can love Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb. Both are good… both are similar… just different. This is a terrible analogy, isn’t it?
What about Krispy Kreme vs. Dunkin Donuts? Both have donuts? Similar but different?
I should quit while I’m ahead, shouldn’t I?
What do you think? Have you tried Agnes & Dora before? If so, which pieces are your favorite? Sound off in the comments!!
*Not sponsored. Erica sent me a few Agnes & Dora things to try but I have quickly fallen in love and have purchased a few things myself. <3 🙂