Thank you to Maxi-Cosi for sending me this Pria™ 85 Max convertible car seat to review! We love this company and as always, content and opinions are 100% my own.
A couple months ago, we knew it was time for Amos to graduate to a convertible car seat from his infant seat. We are huge fans of the Maxi-Cosi brand (we used the Maxi-Cosi Adorra travel system and Mico Max 30 infant seat and loooooooved it) and so I was really excited to try out the new Maxi Cosi Pria™ 85 Max convertible car seat for Amos!
Well, it’s been a little over two months using it and I can honestly say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car seat. And here is why we LOVE the Maxi Cosi Pria ™ 85 Max Convertible Car Seat…
1. It’s incredibly safe. The air cushion system adds an extra layer of protection for baby’s head which is great!
2. It’s so easy to install! You can install the Maxi Cosi Pria car seat one of two ways… you can use the anchor system or the seat belt can used by sliding it underneath baby’s legs (and the seat cover) on the designated belt path.
3. It’s VERY easy to clean! I learned that it’s easy to clean the hard way… when Amos had a little bit of an… accident… The entire cover easily comes off and goes right in the washing machine. And it’s really easy to put back on! Mamas, you know how much of a pain it can be to clean car seats. This one is a cinch!
4. It adjusts easily and can support your kiddo from 5 pounds all the way to 85 pounds!!!!! Seriously. This is huge! You can feasibly use this seat for the first five to maybe even six years of a child’s life. That’s amazing. The adjustments you can make are really simple to do and it can be adjusted in just a few minutes.
5. The new ClipQuik™ auto-magnetic chest clip is amazing. Okay, you might not think that this is a big deal… but let me tell you. When I am out and about with both kids (and I am also quite often toting other people’s kids around, too) I am often getting Amos out of his car seat in a hurry and sometimes even with one hand. The fact that I can get his chest clip clipped and unclipped with one hand is amazing. It’s sooooo easy!
6. It’s CUTE! The colors that the seat come in are so pretty. I got the Nomad green and it’s so nice looking! I realize this might seem like a silly reason to love it, but I do!
7. Built in cup holder! I LOVE that the cup holder in the Maxi Cosi Pria car seat is built in and it’s sturdy! Amos loves putting his milk cup in his cup holder himself. The reason having it built in is so awesome is because on my daughter’s convertible car seat, the cup holder was not built in and she pretty much pulled it off and broke it almost instantly. Can’t do that on this one!
8. This car seat can rear face up to 50 pounds! I am a huge advocate for extended rear facing. We just turned my daughter around at a little over three and a half years old, and that’s because she reached the weight limit for rear facing on her car seat. The 85 Max goes up to 50 pounds rear facing so I think we can easily rear face Amos to AT LEAST three and a half or four! 🙂
So yeah, those are eight pretty strong reasons as to why I love the Maxi Cosi Pria car seat so much. I really mean it and I recommend it to everyone I know when they’re asking about convertible car seats! 🙂
What about you? Have you tried anything from Maxi-Cosi for your kiddos? What do you factor in when you buy a car seat? What car seat do you use? Do you use the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 too?