Sometimes I miss some of the “old school” days of blogging. I’ve been doing this for 10 years and blogging has changed DRASTICALLY during that time… When I started, it was just about creating fun, interesting, or inspiring content. It was just for fun! Nothing else. Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE what I do and I still LOVE blogging and it is still SO fun for me. I still try to create fun, interesting, and inspiring content on a regular basis. But, at the end of the day, this blog is my JOB and I do have to treat it like a business. BUT, that doesn’t mean I can’t still go a little “old school” and just have fun every now and then or do a post for the heck of it.
So, being that today is Friday and all, I thought it would be fun to do a “Get to Know Me” post and share 50 Completely Random Questions that People Rarely Ask and make it a blog tag! So, I have compiled 50 totally random and even some off-the-wall questions, I’ve answered them below (complete with animated gifs!), and then I’ve tagged three fellow bloggers at the bottom to challenge THEM to kick it old school and do a post just for FUN! 🙂
I hope you like this Get To Know Me!
1. What’s your favorite candle scent? Well, I mostly just use my Young Living diffuser these days, and I have made my own candles and there have been a couple natural soy candles I love. Also, Prosperity Candle company makes amazing all-natural candles and they employ women in Iraq, Haiti, Burma, and Bhutan!
2. What female celebrity do you wish you were related to? I’ve always felt like Tina Fey and I would be BFFs and I feel like she would be a pretty awesome sibling and she would fit right in with my family!
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Jimmy Fallon. No question. I love that guy.
4. What’s your favorite thing about marriage? (And if you’re not married, what’s your favorite thing about being single?) Honestly, my favorite thing about being married is just having someone that I know is 1,000000% in my corner at all times. John and I are just such a team and I love knowing that he always has my back, is always going to be there for me, and I just have someone I can go to with anything. It’s my favorite.
5. What’s one thing you own that you should probably get rid of, but just can’t? My college graduation cap and gown. Like, WHY do I still have these things? I don’t know. I don’t need them! But what am I going to do with them?!
6. Can you do a split? No, but it’s been a life goal of mine! I’ve always wanted to be able to do one. Does anyone have any tips?
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? I think six!
8. How many oceans have you swam in? Just two – Atlantic and Pacific
9. How many countries have you been to? I’ve spent TIME, like overnight, in six countries – United States, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Kenya, and Italy. Wait, do the Bahamas count as a country??? I feel bad that I don’t know this. I have had layovers in London (and actually left the airport for a couple hours) and Paris (but didn’t leave the airport).
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? My mom was – she served in Vietnam from 1969-1970
11. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? Hmmm, like toddler age it would have been Sesame Street. Elementary school I loved Looney Tunes, Rugrats, Doug… and later I loved TGIF shows like Full House, Step by Step, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Family Matters!
12. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? Gosh, I think that may have been the year I was a DIY unicorn. It was NOT pretty. My “horn” was made out of a toilet paper roll.
13. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Yes, yes, and no. I loved Harry Potty and Hunger Games but was never a Twilight person.
14. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? British, for sure!
15. Have you ever taken karate lessons? I think I took maybe one free Tae Kwon Do lesson and knew it wasn’t for me.
16. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Who doesn’t?
17. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? King’s Dominion! My first roller coaster was the kid’s wooden coaster and I can’t remember, for the life of me, the name of it. The coaster is gone… but I remember it was green!
18. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? Swahili and Spanish! I know some words but would love to be fluent.
19. Do you spell the color as grey or gray? grey!
20. Do you know triplets? I do! A few sets, actually.
21. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Both great movies, but I’d have to say The Notebook!
22. Have you ever had Indian food? Yes, it’s so good!
23. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? Of all time? It would have to be The Tortilla Factory in Herndon, Virginia which, sadly, closed in 2012. I’m STILL heartbroken about that.
24. Have you ever been to Olive Garden? Don’t judge me for loving unlimited salad and breadsticks.
25. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? If I was born a boy, my name would have been Bryan Charles Buckley
26. If you have a nickname, what is it? My maiden name is Buckley and all (well, at least most) of my friends from childhood call me “Buck” or “Buckeroo”
27. Who’s your favorite person in the world? My husband, duh! 🙂
28. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs? I think about this a lot… honestly I love living where we live in the suburbs, but we’d eventually love to buy land in the country and build a farmhouse!
29. Can you whistle? Yes!
30. Do you sleep with a nightlight? Nope
31. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Yes, usually a protein shake. The weekends we will do eggs and bacon!
32. How many times have you been to the hospital? Well, not counting like ER visits, I was hospitalized (like, stayed overnight) in high school three times. And twice as an adult to, you know, have babies.
33. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Yes, and I cry almost every time. Do not judge me.
34. Where do you buy your jeans? My favorite brand of jeans is PAIGE denim! So comfy and made in the USA!
35. What’s the last compliment you got? I had a reader send me an email today that was so encouraging just saying how much my blog encourages them and how much they relate to me. Honestly, that was so what I needed and a reminder of why I love this “job”!!
36. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? I am TERRIBLE at remembering my dreams! And honestly, my dreams are usually super weird and make zero sense.
37. Favorite beverage that isn’t water? Diet Coke. Duh. (Spare me the emails, I know it’s terrible for you. It’s my one vice. Let me be… hahahaha)
38. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? Uhmmmmmmm. a lot. And they’re mostly by The Root Collective or Sseko Designs 🙂
39. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? I think I found out in 1st or 2nd grade. A friend told me because she didn’t want me “living a lie” anymore… hahahaha
40. What is one food that you used to hate but now you love? Olive and tomatoes! I used to HATE them both, but now I can eat them plain!
41. What is a weird lie you’ve told? I used to hate onions and so I would tell people (namely restaurants or anyone fixing me a meal) that I was allergic to raw onions so they would avoid putting them in my meal at all costs… hahahaha! I *do not* do this anymore.
42. Heels or flats? Flats all day every day. If I need / have to wear a heel, I wear a wedge.
43. Do you have any weird phobias? I hate bees. I hate them with a fiery passion. I know that they pollinate things and they are good for the earth and I get that… but I legit am terrified of them.
44. What is a phrase or word you always say? “I love it!” I say it way too much but, whatever… hahaha!
45. What is a song that you bast or belt out when you are alone? ANYTHING by Whitney Houston. Of current songs? Despacito. Because, obviously.
46. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? People who don’t return their shopping carts at the store. Just put it back in the corral. You walked ALL THAT WAY in the store, but you’re not capable of putting the cart back in the corral?! (I get this is weird, but it is my pet peeve hahahaha!)
47. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed? John and I have separate closets. My closet door is almost always open because it’s the walk-in… John’s closet doors are always closed because they aren’t walk in.
48. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Well, considering #43 and my fear of bees, I guess I’ll have to go with bear on this one. Although that still sounds awful.
49. Do you have any weird things you do? I still try not to step on cracks on the sidewalk. Because, you know, step on a crack and you’ll break your mama’s back. Yes, I’m nearly 32 years old.
50. What movie could you watch over and over again and still love? Man, this is hard. But I’ll have to say AIRPLANE! “Surely you can’t be serious?” “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.”
I hope you had as much fun reading this as I had doing this Get To Know Me! I loved getting back to an “old school” blog post. Would you like to see more of these type of “fun” posts? I’d love to know! And I’d also love for YOU to answer one of these questions (or all 50 in your own post!) and tag me or leave me a link to your post in the comments!!