This post is, admittedly, two weeks late. But, when you’re in the middle of selling a house, moving, and all the things… sometimes things are delayed. 🙂 Our sweet Amos turned FIVE on February 19th and I honestly cannot believe this kid is FIVE and will be going to Kindergarten next year. No, I am not okay. He’s my baby… and he’s slowly loosing that toddlerness (although he still has his moments) and he’s becoming a little boy. I just can’t deal.
He is RAMBUNCTIOUS, he is hilarious, he is funny, he is kind, he is so, so snuggly… everyone who meets him loves him. He is super hero obsessed, car / truck / vehicle obsessed, and just wants to be the fastest at all things. Everything is a race. This guy has so much energy and I swear, I think we could attach him to some sort of wind turbine and power the entire state of North Carolina.
While he is 100% “all rambunctious boy,” he is also just the sweetest in the world. He loooooves his sister and his mama and his dada. He still comes in our room every night to snuggle and I don’t hate it. Amos snuggles lower my blood pressure almost instantly.
I’m so grateful to be this guy’s mama. I know he is going to do big things.
We love you, AJ! Happy birthday!!
GET TO KNOW AMOS: 50 BIRTHDAY QUESTIONS FOR MY FIVE-YEAR-OLD
I write his answers exactly as he says them…
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite song? Spider-Man songs
- What is your favorite food? Bananas and apples
- Where is your favorite place to go to eat? Wendy’s
- What is your favorite drink? Lemonade and milk and water and also I also like hot chocolate
- What are you really good at? Climbing trees a lil bit
- Who are your best friends? Carr and Cole and Meelo and Caleb
- What would you buy if you had $1,000? Some cards for mommy and dada
- What is your favorite memory? Playing at parks
- If you could have a wish, what would you wish for? Maybe like a water slide for our new house and our new pool (that doesn’t exist)
- Who is your biggest hero? Spider man and captain america and hulk and iron man
- What do you like to do with your best friends? Play
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A fireman and a police officer and a race car driver
- What is your favorite show? Bluey
- What is your favorite movie? Incredibles 2 and 1
- What is your favorite book? Spider-Man
- What is your favorite animal? Cheetahs because they’re fast
- Where do you wish you could go on vacation? The Disney Cruise and Disney World
- What is your favorite piece of clothing? Captain America shirt
- What do you hope you will get to do before your next birthday? Have a playdate with Carr at his house because Carr would like that – it’s like a special treat before my birthday.
- How much money do you think mommy and daddy have? $10
- Where did daddy go to college? In New York? (he did not)
- Where did mommy go to college? In Kenya (I did not)
- Where are you going to go to college? I dunno… maybe like in Florida
- What one word would you use to describe your sister Lilly? Smart and funny
- What do you like most about daddy’s office? Snacks and shows
- What is the farthest that you could run? About a million miles
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Lilly? Make jokes
- What’s your favorite Bible story? My favorite bible story is where Jesus died on the cross and He came back to life
- What’s the happiest you’ve ever been? When Jesus came back from the cross
- What’s the best picture you’ve ever drawn? A silly face
- What’s the best wedding you’ve ever been to? *looks at me dumbfounded*
- What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever done? *refuses to answer*
- What’s something that always makes you laugh? Lilly telling me silly jokes
- What is the first thing you’re going to do when you become a grown up? Play at Defy Gravity
- What is daddy’s job? Work and pays money
- What is mommy’s job? Boring things
- What’s the worst smell you’ve ever smelled? Farts
- What is something that makes mommy happy? Hugging mama
- What is something that makes daddy happy? Hugging dada
- What is something that mommy has taught you? You teach us how to be loving
- What is something that daddy has taught you? Daddy teaches me playing
- Where would you like to travel to? Disney World
- What’s your favorite thing about being a little brother? Being 5
- Can you do a split? What’s a split?
- What do you want to be for halloween? Spider-Man
- What language other than English would you like to be fluent in? English
- Who is the tallest person you know? Daddy
- Who is the prettiest person you know? Mommy
- What is your favorite thing mommy and daddy do for you? Play with me
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMOS!!!! WE LOVE YOU!