A few weeks ago, Lilly and I had a playdate at a friend’s house and we had a quiche her mom had made us for lunch. I don’t know why, but I just hadn’t had quiche in who KNOWS how long. I love quiche! But I never make it… I guess I just never think to make it. However, ever since I left her house that day, I had crazy hunger pangs for quiche.
So, I played around with some recipes (as I am often want to do), and came up with this one and it ended up being SO delicious. In fact, I ended up making TWO quiches that night and we’ve been eating off the leftovers for a week and it’s STILL good.
In fact, Lilly is now a MASSIVE fan of quiche. Homegirl ate two whole slices of quiche all by herself. It’s also a great way to sneak in some veggies for her! Haha! Gotchya, Lil!
Anyway, if I haven’t convinced you already, let me convince you now: this recipe is delicious. And so easy to make. And, you just feel fancy when you say the word “quiche.”What about you? Are YOU a quiche fan? What recipes are you loving lately?
RECIPE | Chicken, Broccoli, Spinach & Cheese Quiche + #LetItShine Link-Up
Author: Molly Stillman
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup of cooked, steamed, chopped and diced broccoli florets
- ½ cup of cooked, steamed spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (I used organic skim milk)
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning (optional, but delicious)
- 1 cup of cooked, diced chicken breast (I used about a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- 1½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ready made pie crust (I just used the generic Kroger pie crusts you get in the refrigerated section with the biscuits and cinnamon rolls)
- 1 pie plate (I used a 10" pie plate)
- Before I set out to do anything in putting the actual quiche together, I diced and cooked my chicken in garlic and sprinkled Mrs. Dash on all sides as it cooked. I also steamed and cooked the broccoli and spinach, drained it, chopped it, and set it aside. Then I added the diced chicken to a large bowl and mixed the broccoli, spinach, and chicken together... adding in some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Now, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a pie plate, lay out your pie crust and press it into the sides of the pie plate and let it rest at room temperature while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, combine your eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt, and Mrs. Dash. Mix them together until totally blended.
- Spread your chicken, broccoli, spinach mixture on the bottom of the pie plate (on top of the crust, obviously).
- Next, pour the egg and milk mixture over top. I then topped the whole thing with shredded mozzarella cheese. You can really use as much or as little as you want here. Then bring the sides of the crust in to create a "barrier" around the edges.
- Then top with a few dashes of paprika.
- Then, bake at 350 degrees for ABOUT 25 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked and the cheese is beginning to brown on top. It may be closer to 30 or 35 minutes depending on your oven.
recipe adapted from Momtastic.
Welcome to Let it Shine! Welcome to the new, revamped Funday Monday! After two years, we decided to rename our link up to something we felt was a better fit. Welcome to Let it Shine! Why the name? Because, we want this link up to be just that…..your chance to let it shine! We will be sharing our favorites each week here, and on social media!
The biggest change? Monthly Inspirations! Each month we will share some fun post ideas, one for each week. Do you HAVE to follow the inspirations to link up? Absolutely not! If you’d like to be considered for a feature, those will be picked from the inspirations.
Last week, we talked about home decor….and we got some GREAT ideas! Bathrooms, nurseries, furniture choices…..we loved it! Here are a few of our Home Decor favs…….
/ Bathroom Remodel / Craft Room Makeover /Dream Home Living /
Another place we will be showcasing our favs? The Let It Shine Pinterest Board! We will also be posting ideas for the weekly themes….so be sure you’re following! Linking up to Let it Shine? Don’t forget to link back to our blogs or share our button, thanks y’all!
Now…..talk amongst yourselves……….