I love quiche! It’s always so easy to whip up, so delicious, and HEALTHY! I’ve been looking for some more creative low-carb recipes and I’ve also been looking for more recipes to use up all the BAJILLION farm eggs I have in our fridge right now.
I love caprese salads, I love bruschetta, and I love quiche. I found a few caprese quiche recipes online and decided to play around with the idea and this is what came out of it. We had it for dinner last night and it was DELICIOUS (and nutritious!)
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced, seeds removed (this prevents the quiche from getting soggy), divided
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-9 inch pie plate with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread the minced garlic along the bottom of the pie plate.
- Spread the chopped basil on top of the garlic.
- Top the garlic and basil with half of the sliced tomatoes (don't forget to remove as many of the seeds as you can... this prevents the quiche from getting soggy).
- Top the tomatoes, garlic, and basil with the shredded mozzarella.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, and a little salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the mozzarella, tomato, basil and garlic.
- Top with the remaining tomato slices and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
What do you think? Will you give this recipe a try? Any recipes you’re loving lately?