I have been playing in the kitchen A LOT lately! I’m always looking for ways to use up what we have and stop being wasteful. I’m always looking for new healthier recipes to try… because I’ll be honest… I LOVE me some Mexican food and PASTA! But those dishes aren’t always great for my waistline.
I’ve also been opening up my cookbooks (yes, COOKBOOKS!) and staying away from Google and Pinterest. I have so many great cookbooks – I don’t want them to sit there just gathering dust! Well, I came across a similar recipe for Lime Shrimp and since I like my recipes spicy, this recipe was born!
Hope you like it!
RECIPE | Spicy Garlic and Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb of small, frozen, cooked, de-veined, tail-off shrimp
- 1 fresh lime
- 1.5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli
- 1/3 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes (approx.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (approx.)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (approx.)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (approx.)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (approx.)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (approx.)
- Dash of dried thyme (approx.)
- Dash of onion powder (approx.)
*You can cut back on one or all of the spices if you don’t like your dishes too spicy.
On a pre-oiled skillet, heat the garlic until they are starting to sizzle and the room is smelling good. Add the shrimp and frozen vegetables and squeeze the fresh lime all over to really get the juices in there.
Once those are getting nice and warm, IF NECESSARY drain some of the water out of the skillet. I typically don’t have a problem with this, but sometimes if you cook with frozen things you’ll get a lot of extra water.
Add the spices and really stir everything together.
Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until everything is nice and warm and mixed and tasty!
NOTE: You can serve this dish over pasta, rice, or whatever. You could even serve it by itself. I served it over cooked rice and really liked it… I will leave that part up to you!
And there you have it! A delicious, easy, and healthy meal!
What about you? What recipes are you loving lately? Are you a cookbook fan? Will you try this one?
Welcome to Funday Monday! Here are a few of our favorites posts from last week’s link-up:
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] & Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons! And, be sure to follow and check out this week’s guest hosts: Eva @ Eva Marie Taylor and Marissa @ Shabby, Chic, and Cheap.
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
Want to cohost #FundayMonday? We are currently accepting weekly cohosts! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” -Philippians 1:6