This week’s 52 in 52 is La Hacienda in Chapel Hill.
Okay, I know, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “Uhh, Molly… you guys had Mexican LAST week. You went to Cinco de Mayo. Are you seriously doing Mexican AGAIN?”
The answer is: Yes.
A couple things:
- I love Mexican food. It’s no secret. If you know me AT ALL, you know I love Mexican food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No joke.
- With it being Holy Week this week, I’ve had something at church almost every single night and we haven’t honestly had time to eat together much, let alone think HARD about where we’re going.
- We had a coupon we needed to use before it expired.
- I should probably just make it my mission to try Arroz Con Pollo at every Mexican restaurant in Chapel Hill
- I’d heard a lot about La Hacienda because it’s been around Chapel Hill for a long time and I’d never been – and frankly, it’s a borderline sin for me to have not eaten at a Mexican restaurant in my vicinity.
With that being said. We went to La Hacienda. Here is my review.
1813 Fordham Blvd | Chapel Hill, NC 27514 | (919) 967-0207
Okay, so we had a “late lunch / early dinner” here last Sunday. We were pretty much the only people in the restaurant.
The service was great, quick, and the waitress was attentive. The chips and salsa were good – but pretty much what you’d expect with any Mexican restaurant. We got a queso dip. Good. Great, even.
I, of course, ordered Arroz Con Pollo (A.C.P. on their menu). It’s my fav. OH, and they have Tapatio. Also my fave. John order the Burrito Texano.
Food came in a relatively short time. I was excited when I got my A.C.P. cause it looked legit. I mean, check that baby out.
I was so sad. It was the driest chicken… ever. Like, REALLY dry. And hard. And crusty. The rice was okay… the cheese was okay. But the chicken. Oh the chicken. It was bad. Real bad. I covered that plate in Tapatio in hopes of making it all better.
Nope. No bueno. No dice. I was sad.
John’s burrito was, in his words, “Good. Huge. Very filling.” No, really. Those were his words. Just now. I asked him. My husband is a man of many words.
I will give LaHa a second chance one day. I believe in them. I loved the atmosphere and the service was great. The A.C.P. was just seriously lacking.
What do you think? Have you been to LaHa? What grade would you give it? Do you have any horrible restaurant food experiences? Share them below!
xoxo, all for now.