Got some housekeeping things to get out of the way first.
[The fashion attempts are coming, don’t fret.]
I got like, so much blogging material this week just from the weekend’s festivities.
- Let’s see… there was Good Friday on, well, Friday.
- There was a productive Saturday complete with Easter basket exchange between the hubs and me, dinner at a FAB restaurant for 52 in 52 (review coming Friday), and the LORETTA LYNN concert. Oh man. Gotta write about that this week.
- Then there was EASTER. You know, He is risen! A lot of napping on Sunday and my first baking disaster turned semi-baking disaster turned “Hey, that’s not half bad!” You know I’m gonna be sharing that one.
So, if you’re reading this, you know by now that the blog has gotten an overhaul in content, structure, and frequency in the last couple weeks. Mainly cause I just missed writing about what was fun. I missed writing for the sheer joy of writing. I missed blogging about what I want to blog about.
And you know now that I’m all married and stuff, I’m learning to be this better version of an already awesome self. So, I decided it might be fun to take you guys on a ride with me.
We’re on a tight budget and I wish I could be fashionable – so… I’m trying to expand my wardrobe and try new stuff with limited dollars and a little bit of know-how. Again, I’m NO professional. Not a professional. Nope. Not even close. So, it might be fun to see what works and what doesn’t.
I want to be a better person. Just in general. I mean, I don’t think I’m a bad person… I just want to be an even better person. My husband challenges me every day – without even knowing it – to be a better person. I want to tell people I love them, I want to serve other people, I want to make people smile. You know, fluffy happy stuff.
And whatnot. There’s a whole lot of whatnot.
I just want to write in a way that people can relate to. I figure I’m probably not the only one doing a lot of this stuff… so maybe, just maybe, there’s someone else out there who can relate to what I’m doing. No? Yes?
So as I shift and grow and change – I hope you’ll come along with me.
I also have a new “brand” I’m trying out – “still being [Molly]”
Get it? My new name is Molly Stillman. So I’m STILL being Molly? Get it? No? Bueller? Oh well. Anyway. I have a new Facebook page. So if you “like” me… you can “like” my Facebook page. If you want. No pressure.
OKAY. Housekeeping over with.
Onto this week’s attempt at Fashion.
So, I heard that it’s “in” to mix animal prints. WHAT? That’s cray cray. That was never in when I did it. I got made fun of when I was a kid for doing that. And now it’s cool. Go figure.
Well, I decided this week to get dangerous and give it a shot. Do you think it worked?
I do know that I need to work on a less awkward self-portrait. I am SO awkward at these. I mean, you can see the roll of TP in my bathroom. Way to be classy,
Buckley. Stillman. My name is Stillman.
GAH. I’ll get it one day.
Or! Better yet! I need to find someone who will take pictures for me.
- Cardigan – Target ($23 – old)
- Shirt – Old Navy ($10 – recent) The sale was a $5, $10, $15 thing they had going on… so, sadly, I don’t think the shirt is $10 anymore…
- Belt – Target ($5 – old)
- Jeans – Old Navy ($20 – oldish)
- Necklace – Target ($4.08 – on sale! recent)
- Shoes – Rack Room Shoes ($3 on clearance, baby!… a long time ago, sadly)
What do you think? Is it a win? Fail? Have you tried this? Please tell me I’m not nuts and that this looks okay. One of my love languages is Words of Affirmation… so you know, help me. 🙂
How was your weekend?
xoxo, all for now.