I promise that this will never be a blog that just regurgitates Instagrams. Not that that’s bad or anything, it’s just not my thing.
BUT, with that being said, this is my blog and I like to get a little personal up in here and so, naturally, sharing bits and pieces of my life is going to happen every now and then. Is that cool with y’all?
Plus, I can say a little bit more here than I can on Instagram. Or something. Right? Right.
Anyway, let’s get to it.
1. Brooke and I with our Gigi’s cupcakes to celebrate her blogiversary! I have met so many amazing people through blogging, but especially through the triFABB group. Seriously. And I have just been so blessed by my friendship with Brooke – I love this girl.
And if you aren’t reading Brooke’s blog, you need to go check it out. She is one SERIOUSLY stylish momma AND she is hilarious. But what I love about her is not only her fearless approach to fashion (this girl can rock printed pants like there’s no tomorrow), but also her huge heart.
Anyway. Enough doting. But yeah, she rocks.
2. You know you’re an adult when you get excited about a Christmas present like this. My sweet husband got me a new light for our kitchen for Christmas and he installed it last weekend!
I have HATED, LOATHED, DESPISED that light on the left in our kitchen since I moved in after we got married. For real. It felt like you were about to perform surgery it was so fluorescent. It was awful. And now we have a new light in the kitchen that is pretty and warm and awesome! It’s the little things, right?
3. Husband and I have been doing some serious de-cluttering and organizing around here as of late. And that includes going through old boxes of stuff from my childhood and figuring out what is actually worth keeping or what is just taking up much needed space. We live in a tiny little cape cod style house and there is ZERO storage.
But yeah, so we were going through old boxes and I found this gem (pictured below). THIS gem happens to be the ORIGINAL copy of my infamous “Sidewalk Speech” that I gave to the Herndon Town Council when I was eight and a half.
Yeah, I wrote it all by myself (can you tell?) and I got dressed and demanded that my parents take me to the Town Council meeting that night and I stood on that podium and gave that speech.
It took another two or three years, but we did eventually get sidewalks. I even carved my name in them when they were being put down so that I’d be forever remembered in our neighborhood as the girl who got the sidewalks. HA! I was a persistent kid.
4. SO PUMPED TO OWN THIS BOOK. I know, I know, you’re thinking, “Really, Molly? It’s a book!” Well, I’ve wanted this book since it came out, but it just wasn’t in my tight budget to get it – but Santa brought me a Barnes & Noble giftcard and thus, the book was no longer a dream, but a reality!
If you don’t read the Young House Love blog, you are missing out. I love them!
Here’s to so many fun, easy, and cheap DIY projects!
5. I wore this to Waffle House on New Year’s Day. Yeah, I keep it real up in this place, y’all. Sometimes, I don’t want to “get dressed” and so an old t-shirt, old boots, and track pants are my solution. Sue me.
I will have you know that my husband and I were the dressiest people in the Hillsborough, North Carolina Waffle House on New Year’s Day. That is a fact.
What about you? What’s going on in YOUR life lately?
Linking up with Lauren, Jeannett & Allison today.