Be sure to check out the amazing giveaway from The Mighty River Project.
It’s been a great week! I couldn’t choose just five… so I chose six. Sue me.
Here are just some of the highlights:
1. Frozen Thin Mints and a cold glass of skim milk is my jam. Thin Mints aren’t even my favorite Girl Scout cookie, but when they’re frozen, they’re just that much better.
2. I can’t handle the cuteness of our dogs. Seriously. Sometimes I think it should be illegal the way they snuggle.
3. Audrey girl got a haircut this weekend! She looks like a puppy again every time I get her sheared.
4. Tater confiscated Audrey’s favorite toy and was holding it hostage. Audrey was not pleased.
5. I have two brackets this year (which are already busted). The top is my “real” bracket – even though I know it’s not totally realistic, but I just can’t bet against Carolina. And that bottom one? Yeah, that’s my dream bracket in which every Carolina / Duke fan’s heads explode.
6. We had our anatomy scan! It was one of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced in my life. Our baby was SMILING. SMILING! I mean, come on. Now THAT cuteness, I can’t handle.
Pictures from our anatomy scan this week – look at the smile and the yawn!
How far along: 20 weeks – I’m halfway there! Ahh!
How big is baby: 10 inches and about 11-12 ounces – small cantaloupe.
Weight gain: About 10-12 pounds so far.
Sleeping: I wake up every time I have to turn over… which is like every hour.
Food cravings: Milk, ice cream, dairy. And I have seemed to rediscover my love for kosher dill pickles. I’m a walking pregnancy stereotype.
Food aversions: Japanese food.
Symptoms: The nausea seems to be letting up A LITTLE bit… I’m still nauseous if I go longer than like 3-4 hours without eating.
Doctor’s appointment: We had our anatomy scan yesterday. The baby was moving around and smiling and yawning. It was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. It’s really such a testimony to how great our God is – that He has given us such a precious gift – the gift of LIFE.
Wedding Rings: Still on!
Movement: I feel little movements here or there, but it turns out my placenta is actually on top of the baby rather than underneath, which is making it more difficult for me to feel the baby move. The doctor said I should feel movement in the next few weeks as the baby gets bigger.
Best moment of the week: Seeing our precious baby move around at the anatomy scan.
What I’m looking forward to: Really getting to feel those movements. I just can’t wait!
What I did / Got for baby: After our anatomy scan, husband and I went to the store and bought the take home outfit for the baby. It’s the cutest little footie onesie with monkeys on it. Not gonna lie, it definitely was difficult to find gender neutral stuff.
What I learned this week: I thought it was really interesting that the location of the placenta affects how you feel the baby moving, etc. Stuff I just never knew.
Prayer requests: Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. Continued prayers for health and safety of the baby – I want this baby to continue to grow healthy and strong. And, most importantly, husband and I are praying for guidance and wisdom that the Lord would make us good parents – I’ll be honest, the idea of being a parent is both so exciting, but also so terrifying all at the same time.
Happy Friday. What are you celebrating this week?
Linked up with Lauren.