This recipe is another one of my “old favorites” that I am surprised I haven’t shared with you yet. Now, I will preface this recipe by saying: I am not a fan of sloppy joes. My feelings about sloppy joes are like my feelings that I had with meatloaf.
Well, I set out to come up with a sloppy joes recipe I actually enjoyed just like I did with the meatloaf.
I found a few recipes around the internet and I played around with a few different ones and this is what I ended up with. And it’s AWESOME. And guilt free. 🙂
So, give this SUPER easy and quick recipe a try!
- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey breast (93% lean)
- 1 can of black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can – 6oz. tomato paste
- 1 can – 6oz. tomato juice (I used the small cans)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Whole wheat buns (or whatever bun you prefer)
Gather all the ingredients.
In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey breast in a little bit of olive oil until cooked all the way through (no pink showing).
Then, in the same skillet, add all the rest of the ingredients until warm and mixed thoroughly.
Toast your buns and BOOM you’re done! It’s seriously THAT easy and SUPER delicious. They make GREAT leftovers, too!
NUTRITION FACTS (approx. WITHOUT the bun):
- Calories: 199
- Total fat: 7g
- Total carbs: 20g
- Protein: 17g
Happy YOLO Monday! Each week, Carly & I will select a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature……it’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
So, what recipe(s) are you loving lately?
Obsessed with Polka Dots
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Floral and Stripes
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jello Cookies
The Rules for #YOLOMONDAYS Link-Ups:
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] ,Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons , and your guest host for the week Chelsea @ Lost In Travels
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!
Want to cohost #YOLOMONDAYS? We accept weekly cohosts! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!