- John and I had our maternity pictures done on Sunday evening! I was SO SO SO excited to finally meet my long-time internet friend (I know that sounds way creepy) and amazing photographer, Katie Nesbitt! I can’t WAIT to see the rest of the pics.
- Krispy Kreme? I felt kinda bad for eating that donut, but I mostly didn’t. Krispy Kreme is kind of my favorite thing in the world.
- My husband and our pups. <3 I cherish these times when it’s just us.
- …And then I get home from work and discover the dogs have gone through the recycling again. 🙂 Hahaha I love how it’s like catching teenagers after they’ve thrown a party or something. I do love them, though. So much. So snuggly and loving those dogs.
- I have been REALLY struggling to wake up in the mornings, but I am still getting up and working out. I tried a new workout where I only do about 5-10 minutes on every cardio machine (which quickly adds up to 30+ min of cardio) – that helped to make it go by faster! And then I ended with some lunges. Also, you ladies that look cute at the gym… you stink. 🙁 Just kidding… I just can’t look cute at the gym. Especially since I’m borrowing my husband’s gym shirts… Oh, and if any former preggo ladies can recommend some good exercises to do at the gym, I’m all ears!
What are YOU celebrating this week?
How far along: 31 weeks
How big is baby: About 3.75-4 pounds and about 18 inches long. The totally flawed veggie scale says “head of lettuce” or “four navel oranges.” WHAT?!
Weight gain: I feel SO MUCH better after my last appointment with my midwife. She said I’m doing GREAT and that I HAVEN’T gained too much weight! YAY! She was so much nicer about it all. She said to cut myself some slack. PLUS, I had only gained a pound in two weeks which is GOOD! YAY!!
Sleeping: Awful. Just awful.
Food cravings: Zebra cakes. Yeah, I know.
Food aversions: Japanese food and hard boiled eggs.
Symptoms: My back, but my visit to the chiropractor this week REALLY helped.
I have now started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions – they’re weird. I don’t really know how to describe them, really – except my stomach gets SUPER hard.
Also, it feels like the baby is sometimes trying to CLAW his/her way out of the womb. It is downright painful, yo!
Miss Anything?: Sleep!
Doctor’s appointment: I have another one today because I leave on Sunday for a work trip for a week, so they want to make sure I’m all set before I get on a plane.
Wedding Rings: Still on!
Clothes: Maternity clothes, maternity clothes, and large regular clothes.
Movement: See symptoms – clawing his/her way out, I tell ya.
Best moment of the week: As I type this, my best friend Dani is having her baby! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
What I’m looking forward to: Husband and I have our birth class tomorrow (Saturday). AH. Crazy! I also would love for these next few weeks to go by quickly… very quickly. ANNND, my baby showers are this month! YAY!
What I did / Got for baby: We finished up our registries and invitations to my shower went out! YAY!
What I learned this week: The baby is just gaining weight at this point. YAY!
Prayer requests: Just continuing to pray for the health and growth of the baby, wisdom and guidance in these last two months of pregnancy, and safety as I am flying to and from Florida this week for work. 🙂