It’s our first Friday home with our sweet baby. And, oddly enough, today is my birthday. I honestly, truthfully, in all seriousness COMPLETELY forgot my birthday was today until I sat down to write this post. It’s not exactly like I’ve had much time to build anticipation for it, or anything. All the anticipation over the last, oh, nine months has been for the arrival of our baby… and it was even moreso over the last few weeks.
So yeah, I am not doing anything special or crazy for my birthday. I’ll be excited if I get to shower and take a nap! We have family coming over for dinner, so that will be fun! But really, I got the best birthday gift ever already this week. She came on Sunday. More on that later… 🙂
Here are the highlights of our week!
1. Yes, ladies and gents, I FINALLY got my cupcake. It was a delicious as it looks. And less than 24 hours later I was in labor. Was it the cupcake that did it? Doubtful. But, I like to pretend that it was.
2. Lilly Eileen Stillman was born! Still can’t believe she is here. FINALLY. Still can’t believe she’s a girl! (EVERYONE thought baby Stillman was going to be a boy, even me!) Still can’t believe God is letting us borrow her for a while. She’s just perfect. I will be sharing her birth story next week… I can’t wait to write it and share it with you. She is totally worth the 41 weeks and 4 days I carried her. She is totally worth the hours of labor. She is totally worth it all.
3. Our first “alone” time as mommy / daughter in the hospital. I just kinda stared at her and cried (post-partum hormones, maybe…) I’ve never wanted to protect anything so much.
4. We FINALLY got to go home on Wednesday! Although I feel and look totally struggle bus in this photo, I love it because I love seeing our little family together. Also, yes, my husband wore his I Am a Tar Heel shirt on purpose since we were at Duke Regional Hospital. He wanted it known that he is NOT a fan of Duke, the school, but we ARE fans of Duke the Regional Hospital.
5. Lilly’s first night in her crib. I took this photo at like 1am her first night in her crib at home. I just couldn’t stop staring at her. It is so crazy to me that she is really here (I know I keep saying that, and I’m not sure when the surrealness of it all will go away.)
Linked up with Lauren and Jeannett!