In the interest of total transparency, I have to tell you what happened right before these pictures were taken.
So there I was. We had just walked in the door after getting home from our first road trip to visit the grandparents. We had just unloaded the car. The sun was setting. Daylight was quickly fading.
I realized I hadn’t gotten an outfit pic yet.
So, I asked my husband to take some real quick for me and he, somewhat hastily, agreed. Just kidding. He wasn’t agreeing hastily. He was very kind to oblige my request. Love you, honey!
Anywho. That detail is neither here nor there.
So, I grabbed my camera and proceeded out our front door to our front yard to prep for the quick photo.
I walk down our front stoop.
I step into the grass.
I do not see the giant dip in the grass (aka: a huge hole in our yard).
I trip on the aforementioned dip.
I try to catch my balance.
I begin to fall forward but I am trying my darnest to catch myself.
Scoot forward. Scoot forward. Falling. Falling.
And….. BAM. Flat on my face. I managed to hold the camera up so the camera did not receive any of the impact.
I have a MONSTER bruise on my leg now. I had to angle my body in these photos in a way so that you could not see the GIANT GRASS STAIN on my white cardigan.
This, ladies and gents, is why I can’t have nice things. And why I will never been a runway model (one of the MANY reasons why…).
Anyway. My husband came out of the house to find me flat on my face. “Are you okay?!” he said. “I will be. Now let’s do this.” I replied.
When it comes to outfit photos – THE SHOW MUST GO ON!
Now, onto the topic at hand. SCARVES! As y’all know, I am a scarf FANATIC. And, it is also no secret that I am quite OBSESSED with everything that my dear friend Stephanie over at Ooh Baby Designs creates. See old post about my obsession with her stuff.
Anywho. Stephanie just released her new FALL LINE of infinity scarves and I am literally DROOLING and I can’t decide which ones I want to order. Because, well, I want ALL THE SCARVES!
Here are some of my absolute FAVORITES from her new line:
Quite possibly my favorite – this vintagey looking blue scarf. GORGEOUS!
Which one is YOUR favorite?
Now, the oh-so-fabulous and oh-so-generous Stephanie oh Ooh Baby is giving away a CHOICE chevron infinity scarf to one lucky reader!! Use the Rafflecopter tool below to enter! WOOHOO!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Funday Monday! Each week, Carly & I select a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature. It’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly], Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons, and your guest hosts for the week Karly from Karly Kim: Good Enough to Read and Jasmine from The Heart of a Southern Belle.
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!