It’s no secret ’round these parts that I’m a fan of scarves. ALL of the scarves. I don’t think I’ve ever met a scarf I didn’t like. Okay, there’s probably a scarf out there that I don’t like… but you get my point.
Anyway, as the days are getting cooler and scarves are coming out in full force (although, on a side note, I believe in wearing scarves year round), I’ve had a couple of you ask me about some different ways to wear an INFINITY scarf (aka: my favorite of all the types of scarves).
For those of you that don’t know, an infinity scarf is basically one giant loop of fabric. It can also be called the circle scarf. So, circle scarf / infinity scarf. Potato / po-tah-toe.
So, I thought I’d show you just SOME of the ways you can wear an infinity scarf. You can really get creative!
UPDATE: So many of you have emailed and asked me where I get so many of my scarves and what scarves I’d love or recommend… here are some of my favorites right now (all less than $40!!):
For those of you that are wondering, the scarf that I’m using as an example in this post is a thin cotton ikat infinity scarf from Ooh Baby Designs. You can get a similar one here!
Here is the infinity scarf I’m using for this lil’ tutorial:
10 Ways to Wear an Infinity Scarf
1. The single loop: simply wear the scarf around your neck as is. Fluff it out. Think of it like a big necklace!
2. The Knot: Loop the scarf around your neck, then tie a single knot towards the bottom of the scarf. Voila!
3. The Shawl: Place the whole scarf over your head, under your arms, and around your chest. Then, take one side of the scarf and back over your head. Fluff it out and make it into a shawl!
(Admittedly, this style works better with a larger / fluffier scarf, but you catch my drift)
4. The Turtleneck: Loop the scarf around your neck twice, then pull down on one loop so that the top loop hugs your neck.
5. The Bow: Hold both sides of the scarf together, fold the scarf in half around your neck, and then tie it in a bow and angle to the side. A very chic, classy style!
6. The Fat Loop: Hold both ends of the scarf, wrap the scarf around your neck, then loop one end through the other open end of the scarf but don’t pull it all the way through. Fluff it out at the end.
7. The Tie: Follow the SAME steps as #6, but this time, pull the looped end all the way through. You could wear it off to the side or at the center.
8. The Hood: Loop the scarf around your neck, twist it into another loop and place over your head. This is a great style for those cold, rainy days!
9. The Double Loop: Loop the scarf around your head, twist, then loop again. Fluff it out for maximum effect.
10. The Flower: Loop the scarf around your head, then start twisting the end of the scarf so it starts to tighten up. The scarf will begin to “roll” on top of itself. Keep rolling and tucking the scarf so it makes what looks like a flower or rose on the end. Just keep tucking to your liking! There’s no wrong way to do it.
So there you have it! 10 ways to wear your infinity scarf!
What are your favorite ways to wear an infinity scarf?