Maybe it’s because I’m naturally nosy, but I LOVE seeing what’s in other people’s bags. Whether it’s a purse, a backpack, a diaper bag, a suitcase… whatever – I just love seeing what people carry around with them!
So, without further ado, I thought it would be fun to share what I carry in my diaper bag!
1. My diaper bag. It’s a Kate Spade “Stevie” bag that I scored on CRAZY super sale (originally $418 and I got it for $118 WITH SHIPPING!). I absolutely LOVE this bag – it’s one of those bags that doesn’t LOOK like a diaper bag (which was my goal when I was shopping for a bag). I get compliments on it all the time. It has PLENTY of storage and I love the stroller straps for hooking the bag right on the stroller or shopping cart!
2. Diaper stuffs! My Kate Spade bag came with a matching changing pad which I love. I also carry with me baby bottom spray, wipes, and a little roll of mini “trash” bags for dirty things.
3. My wallet. You know, pretty standard. This particular wallet was handmade from fabric I got in Kenya by my dear friend Linda who owns her own bag making business “Natural True Beauty.”
4. My phone. Also, pretty standard.
5. Diapers (duh) and wet bag. The number of diapers I bring with me totally depends on how long I’m going to be out of the house. I also always carry a wet bag with me to hold dirty diapers and dirty clothes or any other dirty things.
6. Toys. Lilly is now at the age where she is into EVERYTHING and just LOVES playing around with stuff. So I always carry some toys… she loves this little Hello Kitty “crinkle sheet” that makes noise and she also loves those plastic rings to chew on.
7. Burp cloths. I always have AT LEAST one or two burp cloths to help clean up spit up or any other spills – so handy!
8. Nursing cover. If I’m out in public and need to nurse Lilly, I always carry a nursing cover with me so that I can nurse her discreetly. It also helps that this particular cover has quatrefoils on it – so you know I love it.
9. Toiletries n’ stuff. I carry a comb for Lilly’s hair, I have a little bottle of ibuprofen in case I get a headache or something, and I always carry some lip products and a little travel size fragrance. With me right now is my favorite Maybelline Color Whispers lipstick and Color Elixr gloss.
10. Extra pacis. Lilly loves her MAM pacis and I always carry an extra or two with me in case she drops one (which is inevitable).
11. Extra outfit or onesie. You never know when you’re going to need to do a wardrobe change with a baby… I’ve made too many mistakes of NOT bringing an extra outfit with me and I ended up having to take Lilly home in just a diaper. So, now I always AT LEAST have an extra onesie with me in my bag.
So there you have it! That’s what’s in my diaper bag! Are you a mama? What do you always have in your diaper bag? Anything I need to add?