Over the last few months, you’ve probably noticed that on the blog, on Instagram, on Facebook, on Twitter, in real life… I’m wearing a pair of these gorgeous, leather earrings. I’ve touched on them a little bit here and there, but honestly, I felt like a whole post about their amazingness was well overdue.
So, the earrings I’m talking about are from Nickel and Suede. Let me preface this by saying that this post is not sponsored. Kilee (owner of Nickel and Suede) doesn’t even know I’m writing it.
I met Kilee on the #StitchFixVacay that I got to attend back in September… the second I met her, I just genuinely loved this girl! She is so sweet, so kind hearted, so stylish, and so driven. She’s a mama to three handsome boys and she’s an amazing blogger over at One Little Momma.
Anyway, she and her husband launched Nickel and Suede full-time over the summer and she had brought some of her earrings for us (the girls in the house on the vacay) to check out and try. I took home a pair of the cobalt suede earrings and I fell in LOVE.
You guys, I wear them every day. No joke.
Once I tried the one pair, I became obsessed and ordered like four more pairs. Kilee was also SO sweet and sent me a few pairs to try, too!
My biggest problem is that I want to buy ALL the earrings. That would be no good for my bank account, people
Here’s what makes these earrings so unbelievably amazing (and unlike ANY other pair of earrings I have EVER worn in my LIFE):
- They are adorable. Seriously. Let’s talk style, here. They’re SO stylish. They come in so many gorgeous colors, shades, glittery, matte, textured, satin, cutout, size, etc. There is honestly a style and color for any woman.
- They’re classy. These earrings are “statement” without being SUPER in-your-face. They maintain a level of class that I’ve never found with another pair of earrings.
- They’re INSANELY LIGHT. Okay, this is honestly the selling point for me for these earrings. You see, I LOVE big earrings, but over the years, I’ve had to majorly cut down on my big-earring-wearing because my earring holes have gotten stretched out. Gross, I know. #thestruggleisreal. The fact is that my ears just couldn’t handle heavy earrings anymore. But with these, they are leather and so featherweight that I don’t even notice that I’m wearing them. Honestly. I will completely forget they are in my ears… I will get in bed to go to sleep and realize they’re still in!
- You can do ANYTHING in them. I’ve cut the grass in them, played with Lilly in them, grocery shopped, gone out on a date, dressed them up, dressed them down, and I even WEAR THEM TO THE GYM. Yes I do, and I’m not even ashamed. You can do anything in these earrings. No lie.
- They don’t cut into your neck! They’re so soft… they don’t leave red marks or anything like that. You ladies who have worn big earrings know EXACTLY what I’m talking about.
- They’re SILENT. You also know what I’m talking about when you think about big earrings… big earrings are usually LOUD. They jingle jangle and they’re loud… but no, not these. They’re silent. They’re quiet. They’re awesome.
- For you essential oil users out there like me… on the LEATHER earrings (not the suede ones), you can use them as DIFFUSER earrings. Yep! Put a drop of your desired essential oil on the back of the thicker leather earrings and BOOM… you’ve got yourself a portable diffuser. The leather absorbs the essential oil and “diffuses” it for a few days! It’s awesome. And no, you won’t ruin the earrings by doing this! (Make sure it is pure essential oil… if there is a fatty carrier oil in the essential oil (like an essential oil blend), it will leave a mark. A pure essential oil will absorb completely. That’s also why I recommend doing it on the back of the earrings.)
- They’re handmade! Kilee and her husband put so much hard work into this company! I love their passion and vision.
So, have I sold you on them yet?
I’m sharing pictures with different ways I have worn the various N&S earrings I have. Honestly, pictures don’t do them justice. They’re really the only earrings I ever even really wear anymore and probably WILL ever wear again…
I know. I probably sound way over the top and totally creepy and like a crazy person… but I just am one of those people that when I find something I love, I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone I know how much I love that particular thing.
That’s how I feel about my Nickel and Suede earrings.
Okay, so I might be a LITTLE dramatic when I say that these earrings with change your life… but you get what I’m saying. They really are earrings that will change your EARRING-wearing life. They’re that good, people. That good.
Kilee and her husband work SO hard to HAND MAKE such an amazing, quality, gorgeous product. I obviously can’t say enough good things about them. Nickel and Suede just launched their most recent line and you HAVE to check it out.
What about you? Have you tried Nickel and Suede earrings yet? If you have, aren’t they amazing? If you haven’t, will you?
Welcome to Let it Shine! Welcome to the new, revamped Funday Monday! After two years, we decided to rename our link up to something we felt was a better fit. Welcome to Let it Shine! Why the name? Because, we want this link up to be just that…..your chance to let it shine! We will be sharing our favorites each week here, and on social media!
/ Girly Girl Gone / Checked Jacket /
Another place we will be showcasing our favs? The Let It Shine Pinterest Board! So, go ahead…..and Let it Shine!