I loveeeee a good crock pot meal. No, but for real. Crock pot meals are my JAM.
Put a bunch of stuff in a crock pot, turn it on, let it do the work for you, dinner is ready?! Yes, please.
I’ve been experimenting with a lot of new recipes lately… and a lot of new crock pot recipes! Last week I had all the fixings for a chicken and sausage chili and decided to play around with some ingredients and this is what came out!
It. Was. Delicious.
So easy! So delicious! And HEALTHY! WOOHOO! Who’s excited about healthy?! Haha… THIS GUY!
I hope you give this recipe a try! It really is delicious.
RECIPE | Crock Pot Paleo-Esque Chicken & Sausage Chili
- 1 pound of organic boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 pound 2-3 links of organic chicken sausage
- 1 organic red onion diced
- 1 cup of organic low-sodium broth (I used my homemade chicken broth)
- 1 can 15-ounces low sodium Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed (leave out the beans for FULL Paleo)
- 1 can 15-ounces low sodium Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15-ounces low sodium diced tomatoes (add with juices)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of salsa to taste... your choice!
- ¼- teaspoon chili powder
- ¼- teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼- teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛- teaspoon paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine ALL THE THINGS in a crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken.
What are some of YOUR favorite crock pot recipes?