Lilly turns four-years-old today. Get to know her in this post where we interview her and ask 50 birthday questions!
Today is our sweet Lilly girl’s birthday! She is FOUR years old and I can’t even believe it. I mean, I can… but honestly, I also can’t. Lilly is the biggest ball of energy and has a HUGE personality. (If you watch my Instagram stories, you would know this to be true.)
She is funny, smart, kind, loving, generous, hilarious, beautiful, sassy, a great dancer, and so much more. Lilly loves to sing, she loves Chipotle (takes after her mama), she loves to draw and color, she loves to collect rocks and “stuff” and treasure. She wants to play outside as much as possible. She loves her brother (finally). She’s creative. She is a daddy’s girl but also a mommy’s girl. She has the wildest imagination. She is a true gem.
Everyone that she meets instantly falls in love with her. Seriously. People adore her smile and her laugh and her big personality. And she is also so empathetic. She wants to help people and know people are okay. She has such a big heart and I’m so thankful for her.
And to watch her really begin to embrace the big sister role is such a joy for me. The first little while after Amos was born was tough… but they are at such a fun age. They play and laugh and giggle. They hug and kiss each other. They also fight and hurt each other. But Lilly is also fiercely protective of Amos and it’s precious.
I am so unbelievably grateful for this sweet girl and her life and her spirit. Part of me just wants to freeze time right now and part of me can’t wait to continue to see the type of young woman she grows into.
Lilly, we love you. More than you will ever know.
This year, we expanded our “yearly interview” to 50 birthday questions. I wrote down her answers exactly as she said them. Anything in italics is a notation from me or John hahahaha!
Get to Know Lilly: 50 Birthday Questions for My Four-Year-Old
- What is your favorite color? Pink, I mean purple.
- What is your favorite song? The Trolls song (I Got This Feeling by Justin Timberlake, of course)
- What is your favorite food? Strawberries
- Where is your favorite place to go to eat? Waffle House, I mean ‘Potle
- What is your favorite drink? Water
- What are you really good at? Coloring
- Who are your best friends? Mia and Mya
- What would you buy if you had $1,000? Ummm, some eyelashes. Me: Really? Lilly: Yes, it’s just eyelashes.
- What is your favorite memory? My favorite memory is getting me ready for bed.
- If you could have a wish, what would you wish for? A bracelet
- Who is your biggest hero? Um, daddy! He’s so big!
- What do you like to do with your best friends? Play hide and seek
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A police officer
- What is your favorite show? Octonauts
- What is your favorite movie? Trolls
- What is your favorite book? Curious George and Little Owl’s Night
- What is your favorite animal? Goats
- Where do you wish you could go on vacation? A conference. I wish I could go to a conference.
- What is your favorite piece of clothing? A dress… rainbow dress, I mean purple dress.
- What do you hope you will get to do before your next birthday? Paint my nails
- How much money do you think mommy and daddy have? $29
- Where did daddy go to college? Expalation (no clue what that is)
- Where did mommy go to college? Uh, Kenya!
- Where are you going to go to college? School… Like in the alligator class and the new one I go to.
- What one word would you use to describe your brother Amos? Baby
- What do you like most about daddy’s office? Coloring paper
- What is the farthest that you could run? SO far!
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Amos? Helping teach him how to color. He colors like this (demonstrates erratic motion)… that’s not coloring, that’s doing squibbly parts.
- What’s your favorite Bible story? David and Goliath
- What’s the happiest you’ve ever been? I’m happy when I go to ‘Potle (said while dancing)
- What’s the best picture you’ve ever drawn? A mermaid, Ariel
- What’s the best wedding you’ve ever been to? Mommy and daddy’s – I have been there. Oh right, when you were having a wedding, I was at Papa and Bomma’s house when you were at your wedding.
- What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever done? Going potty
- What’s something that always makes you laugh? Chi pom pom (giggles) Hahaha that makes me laugh!
- What do you want to do when you become an adult? Be a kazoo helper…. you know like when we go to the kazoo and see the animals
- What is daddy’s job? Learning how to not be a monster
- What is mommy’s job? Coloring
- What’s the worst smell you’ve ever smelled? Poop
- What is something that makes mommy happy? Cleaning up my room
- What is something that makes daddy happy? Tickling him
- What is something that mommy has taught you? Learn how to not hit anybody
- What is something that daddy has taught you? Teaching me how to be a good helper and take care of Amos
- Where would you like to travel to? Kenya!
- What’s your favorite thing about being a big sister? Helping Amos drink milk
- Can you do a split? Yes! Doing splits are AWESOME
- What do you want to be for halloween? A jack-o-lantern
- What language other than English would you like to be fluent in? Pockalito (no idea what that is)
- Who is the tallest person you know? Papa
- Who is the prettiest person you know? Mommy
- What is your favorite thing mommy and daddy do for you? Doing my responsibility chart!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past year:
Happy Birthday, sweet Lilly!!!!