Looking to find ethical boot brands at Nordstrom? I’ve rounded up 13 ethical boot options you can find at Nordstrom!
ETHICAL BOOTS DETAILS:
1. Earth Intrepid Peep Toe Bootie | 2. Earth Miles Tall Boot | 3. Bed Stu Gogo Boot | 4. Frye Harness Square Toe Boot | 5. Frye Harness 12R Boot | 6. Frye Engineer Boot | 7. Frye Sabrina Boot | 8. Eileen Fisher Tread Wedge Bootie | 9. roma Short Rain Boot | 10. TOMS Desert Wedge Bootie | 11. TOMS Lunata Bootie | 12. Ilse Jacobsen Hornbaek Rainboot | 13. Joules Molly Rain Boot
Last week I shared on my Instagram stories that I’m doing some content planning for spring and summer. One of the things A LOT of you messaged me to ask for some more roundup posts with different categories of products at different retailers… basically, A LOT of you want to know how and where to shop ethically! ESPECIALLY at more mainstream retailers.
While I TOTALLY respect so many people in the ethical fashion and fair trade space, a lot of people in this space tend to turn their nose up at the mainstream retailers like Nordstrom, Shopbop, Target, etc. But the reality is, it’s unrealistic to think EVERYONE is going to stop shopping at these places and only shop the small, ethical brands. BUT, we CAN choose to shop smarter and support ethical brands at these retailers so that the retailers will carry more ethical brands.
Consumers create the demand! 🙂
In any event, a few of you asked specifically about shopping for BOOTS at Nordstrom!! I thought it was funny that I had this exact question from more than one person, so I thought that if more than one person wanted to know… well, then, maybe a whole blog post would be helpful!
In any event, I’ve rounded up 13 different boots (pictured above with links above and below) that you can find at Nordstrom! All of these are ethical and/or made in the USA brands! I’m sure Nordstrom carries more than just these brands, but they carry SO many brands that I wasn’t able to look into all of them. But don’t worry, I’m on it!! I figured these would be a good starting point.
THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR ETHICAL BOOTS:
- Search “Made in the USA” – Nordstrom has this feature built into their site and you can easily search American made brands and products
- Search “Made in Italy” – Italy is another great country for ethical production (but, I will say, Italian made products are $$$$$$$)
- Search “Vegan” – this doesn’t always mean the brand is ethical, but it can help to narrow it down
- Look to see what type of materials they use
- When in doubt, Google search the brand to learn more about them outside of the main retailer’s site
I hope this ethical boots feature is helpful! I’d love to know – what other posts similar to this one would you like to see? What question(s) for shopping ethically do you have?