This week has very much been a “transition to fall” week on the blog… which is hard for me to wrap my mind around because it’s still like 95 degrees here in North Carolina.
BUT, I have to keep in mind… most of you do not live near me. 🙂 And A LOT of you are already experiencing fall-ish weather. (This is me being jealous).
ANYWAY. You know my love of Stitch Fix. I’ve been a subscriber for almost FIVE YEARS. I have developed a great relationship with my stylist and I use Stitch Fix as a way to invest in staples or high quality pieces in my closet.
For those of you who may be new around here OR if you somehow are not familiar with Stitch Fix, here are a few FAQs that might be helpful to you:
- Stitch Fix is a personal styling service where you sign up online, fill out an extensive style profile & one of their expert stylists will hand-select clothing and accessory items just for you and your lifestyle.
- Stitch Fix carries Women’s, Men’s, and Kids clothing – including Plus sizes, petite and maternity (pregnant mamas… Stitch Fix maternity is the JAM!)
- You pay $20 to have your Fix curated by a personal stylist, which is applied towards anything you keep. If you keep all of your Stylist Picks, you get a 25% discount on your entire purchase!
- No subscription required, you can get a Fix anytime you want. Either on-demand or on the regular – every few weeks, once a month or every season.
- Returns are super easy & free. Keep what you love, send back the rest in your pre-paid envelope at any USPS mailbox.
- Stitch Fix has a ton of different brands and a lot of exclusive styles to Stitch Fix. It’s all personalized to your style and budget.
- You can connect a Pinterest board to your style profile to show your stylist more styles and pieces you love
- Women’s and Men’s Fixes include five items, while a Kid’s Fix includes 8-10 pieces
- Stitch Fix carries men’s sizes XS-XXL and women’s sizes 0-24W and XS-3X, maternity and petite as well as Kids sizes 2T-14 (both my kids have received fixes and they LOVE it)
- Stitch Fix Extras makes finding your everyday wardrobe staples easy and convenient. Use Extras to add pieces from their curated collection of intimates to your Fix, including camis, shapewear, tights & socks.
Now that Stitch Fix has launched Stitch Fix kids… seriously… my WHOLE FAMILY can get covered with Stitch Fix. My husband has received multiple fixes, Lilly and Amos have both received fixes, and well… you know where I stand.
So, how do you get the WHOLE FAMILY dressed with Stitch Fix this fall?
(We are all wearing items from past Stitch Fix fixes in this picture!!! hahaha!)
Well, here are a few of my tried and true tips for getting your BEST FIX as we transition to fall (and these tips apply to the whole family!):
- In your note to your stylist, ask your stylist for a “fall refresh” and let her know EXACTLY what pieces your wardrobe (or your husband’s wardrobe or your kid’s wardrobe) really needs. BE SPECIFIC. Maybe you need a coat, maybe your kids need pants, maybe your husband is in need of work appropriate shirts, maybe you need scarves and booties… whatever “hole” is in your wardrobe, ask for it! Let your stylist know what you need.
- Refresh your Stitch Fix Pinterest board OR create a new Stitch Fix Fall Pinterest Board… If you are not using this tool, you are missing out. You can link to a Pinterest board in your Stitch Fix style profile and this gives your stylist a clear picture of what you like and don’t like. Spend some time browsing the Stitch Fix Pinterest account and repin things you see on theirs that you like to your own board.
- Let your stylist know if you’re looking to add unique or trendy pieces for the new season or if you are just looking to redo your wardrobe staples. Are you looking to try a cold shoulder or off the shoulder top? Or maybe a pair of wide leg denim? Or are you just needing a refresh on a good pair of jeans or a denim jacket or a great sweater? Whatever it is… again, be specific in that note to your stylist.
- Play the “game” in the Stitch Fix Style Profile. If you log in to your Stitch Fix app or on the website, there is a little “thumbs up / thumbs down” game you can play where you see different items and you can let your stylist know what you think of them. The more you do this, the more your stylist gets an idea of what you like and what you don’t like.
- Update your style profile. If you’ve been a Stitch Fix member for awhile, make sure you go in and update your profile with sizing or if your preferences have changed.
- Request brands! If you know for a fact Stitch Fix carries a particular brand, request it!
- Focus on items that are versatile and wear easily through the changing seasons. Think layers like cardigans, light jackets, vests, long sleeved tops, etc.
ON THAT NOTE… I actually got a “transition to fall” fix this month and, once again, as usual, my stylist Kimberly J. slayed it.
Here’s what I got in my Transition to Fall Stitch Fix Fix:
Market & Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Jacket in Pink – Size XL – $88
So, I have this jacket in the military green color… I got it a few years ago… and I LOVE IT. I wear it all the time during the fall… and winter… and spring. I have wanted this same jacket in another color to switch it up when I need to, so this was a no brainer. I will wear the mess out of this jacket!
Market & Spruce Jeana Striped Elbow Patch Cardigan – Black – Size XL – $64
This is a really soft, really cute, really comfortable cardigan… but I do not need another striped cardigan!
Bobeau – Rojer Asymmetrical Hem Hacci Knit Top – Grey – XL – $54
I fell in love with this top the moment I took it out of the box. Surprisingly, after doing a closet inventory, I actually do not own a lot of neutral knit tops or sweaters. In fact, I don’t own ANY. The fit was too good and the material was too comfortable (UNICORN HAIR, Y’ALL)… so of course I kept it.
Bella Dahl – Hipster Button Down Top – Navy – Size XL – $124
I love Bella Dahl. This is an amazing LA based USA brand and I love them… but I didn’t love this top enough to spend $124 on it. Yikes………
Pistola – Topanga Cargo Zipper Detail Skinny Pant – Light Purple – Size 14 – $88
I was not sure about these pants at all… and then I tried them on. I LOVE the fit. The material is so soft and they are really unique! I don’t own anything like them and I have so many items in my closet that these would look great with. I love adding a unique item like this to my closet to switch up how I style old favorites.
So there you have it!
Be sure to schedule your transition to fall fix and let me know what you get!! What do you think? Which items did you like best?