Long time no see. I know, I know. Excuses, excuses. I have no real excuse other than life got in the way of blogging.
It happens. We (okay, maybe not “we” but I) got through phases. We all do. And don’t even tell me you don’t, because I know that’s a lie.
Both my personal and professional life have changed A LOT in the past, oh, 8 months. (Yikes! Has it really been that long since I blogged?)
Well, there’s a lot that I have to catch you up on, and it’s not all going to happen in one post – plus, there’s a lot of big stuff coming up, and I want you guys along with me for the ride.
If you’ve ever been a reader of my blog, you know I like to make lists. So, to catch you up in a nutshell, here are the things that have happened since I last blogged:
- I went from working 3 jobs to working only one
- I wrote and performed a one-woman show
- I met a boy. Nay, a man. He treats me better than I ever deserve to be treated. He’s smart, incredibly funny, and makes me want to be a better person. And, of course, he is just an all around swell guy. (If he’s reading this he’s probably embarrassed… oh well, DEAL! :))
My NEPHEW WAS BORN. Oh my gosh. My nephew! On July 19th, 2010 my nephew Kyle Robert Murphy stormed into this world and he is such an incredible baby. I love my sister and my brother-in-law and I’m so grateful to have such an amazing family. And seriously, I mean, look at that baby… how cute it he?!?!?!
- I became obsessed with Carolina Football and Basketball. I’ve always been a football / basketball fan, and have always loved Carolina, but working at WCHL (the flagship station for the Tar Heels) and covering all the games this year got me close to the situation and I now know way more than I ever thought I would. GO HEELS!
- I finally found a church I love. I definitely want to write an entire post on this later, but finding a church that I love is something that I wanted for a long time. I went to church growing up, and in middle and high school, did InterVarsity and a small group in college, but when I got out of college and I moved, I strayed and focused on other things. I had done a little bit of “church hopping” but didn’t find anything that struck me as relevant or something that connected with me. And I’ve found it. I go to New Hope Church in Durham, NC and I love it. The music, the word, the people are all exactly what I was looking for and I couldn’t be happier. (Again, more on this later.)
- I joined the worship arts ministry team at New Hope – I’m singing again! I have SO missed doing this and it’s so rewarding.
- I got promoted! That’s right, I went from 4 jobs, to 3 jobs, to 1 full-time job, to getting promoted to a management position. I am now the Duchess of Digital Media for WCHL in charge of the build out of our new website, all of our social media, online marketing, etc… basically anything that has to do with the web, I am in charge of it for the radio station.
Well, a good start to getting you caught up. I’ve really missed writing and sharing my thoughts, musings, experiences, stories, etc… if you will. Hold me accountable, people.
I love you guys. I’ll be back soon.
All for now.