First, if you’re wondering what in Sam Hill #NaBloPoMo is, well November is National Blog Post Writing Month. More on that at the end of this post…
For now, let’s celebrate the awesome moments of the week:
1. Movie date nights 🙂 Husband and I went to see Argo last weekend. Oh my goodness what an AWESOME (and totally stressful) movie. For real. So good.
2. I hope I’m not beating a dead horse, but I’m going to be real with y’all… I still love my chevron scarf. For real.
3. These dogs. Ridiculous. Love them.
4. Husband brought me “just because” flowers this week. Little did he know, it was exactly what I needed at that moment. Love that guy.
5. I didn’t want to answer the door on Halloween without a costume. So what did I do? I threw on my wedding dress. And my cathedral length veil. And an apron. You know, cause I was making dinner and I didn’t want to get anything on it. My husband thought it was hilarious. I thought it was fun!
And don’t forget, you can always follow me on Instagram to keep up with my antics through the week.
Now, #NaBloPoMo (National Blog Post Writing Month) is just a good way to get refreshed, recharged, restarted, or re-energized in your blog writing. Now, I always have a pretty long list of blog post ideas, stories, etc. written in a little document on my iPhone, but since I’m a writer at heart, I always LOVE looking for new ways to get my creative juices flowing.
There are a bunch of different resources for writing prompts throughout the month of November. I’m going to be teetering back and forth between these and these. So, if you’re looking to get involved in #NaBloPoMo, you can check those out.
With that, today’s question / prompt is:
“If you could live anywhere, where would it be?”
To be honest, this was something I thought about for years and years and years. Pretty much until the time I was 25, I thought I wanted to live in New York City. I was dead set on it. I was going to move to NYC and become the next start of Saturday Night Live.
But as I got older, it wasn’t that I abandoned “the dream,” so to speak, it was just that my priorities shifted, as priorities are want to do as we age.
I’m a country girl at heart. I’m a family girl at heart. I LOVE where I live now and I wouldn’t change ANYTHING about my life right now. I am so blessed. There will always be a special place in my heart for New York City – the sights, the smells, the cultures. But I don’t think it’s really a place I’ll ever actually live. I won’t say never, because I never know where God may lead us, but I can say that it’s highly unlikely New York would ever happen as far as my living situation goes.
Now, as much as I LOVE North Carolina, and as much as I never want to leave, truth is, if God woke me up tomorrow and told me to move to Kenya, I would.
A huge piece of me is in that village in Kenya, and if we could move there knowing God would provide, we might just consider it.
Now, don’t go fretting thinking we’re moving to Kenya, because we’re certainly not. I’m merely answering the question in front of me.
So, in short, if I could live anywhere, where would it be? Kenya. Without a doubt.
Other than that, as long as I’ve got the Lord and my husband, I’m happy. 🙂
I’d love to know: If YOU could live anywhere, where would it be? Leave your answer in the comments below or feel free to leave a comment with a link to YOUR #NaBloPoMo blog post!
Linking up today with Lauren at From My Grey Desk, Allison at Two Thirty-Five Designs, and Jeannett at Life Rearranged.