I went and got my nails done for the first time in MONTHS last Friday! It was exactly what I needed and so relaxing. (I go to Lee Spa Nails in Durham, NC – and Triangle people… it is the BEST!! They just renovated it and it is SUPER nice and they do such a good job there. Ask for Amy, she’s my favorite. :))
Anyway, the truth is, when I do my nails myself or I go and get them done at a salon, I always tend to go for the same colors. You know, pink, red, pale pink, etc.
Well, I was feeling adventurous and I was talking with my sweet nail artist, Amy, about the hottest nail trends for this summer and she directed me towards this color you see pictured above. It’s hard to really tell by the photo, but it’s a very texturized glittery gold from the OPI Liquid Sand collection. It’s called “Honey Ryder” and I am in LURVE!! It’s so different than what I normally get.
So anyway, Amy and I got to talking about nail trends and I thought I’d just share with y’all what I learned straight from the nail source! I mean, she does nails every single day… I’m going to assume she knows what she’s talking about. 🙂
The Top Four Nail Trends for Summer 2013
1. Anything with TEXTURE: The OPI Liquid Sand collection is a great example of this. Anything with glitter! Anything that really gives your nails a pop of color AND a pop of texture is HUGE this summer!
2. White: White nails are super popular this year. But, you want to make sure it doesn’t look like white out… you know you TOTALLY did that in 8th grade. Check out some of the suggestions in the widget below to get just the right shade of classic white.
3. Yellow: Yellow is a huge color this year in everything. Clothing, shoes, accessories, and even nails. A fun, bold, yellow color is only for the bravest of the brave. 🙂
By the way, my FAVORITE top coat (that is super quick dry AND keeps your nails from chipping for days) is this top coat by Sally Hansen. I’ve used it for years and I swear by it!
Anyway, for you nail polish loving ladies: what colors are YOUR favorite this year?
Here are some places you can get some of the fab trends:
Happy Funday Monday! Each week, Carly & I will select a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature. It’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
The Rules for #FundayMonday Link-Ups:
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] ,Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons , and your guest host for the week Allison @ Sweatpants and High Heels
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!
Want to cohost #Fundaymonday? We are accepting weekly co-hosts! Please email us at email@example.com for more info!